Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB's stop working after a few minutes of sequence

flyingeddies

I have ten CCB's (20 strings) on my house.  I have pretty modest sequences setup - nothing too flashy - most of the time they're all doing the same color changes.  Every once in a while a have a chase or two. After about two minutes of playing the RGB's all stop working.  The rest of my dumb controllers keep playing.  

I'm using LOR 3.12, I have three networks  - a regular, and two high speed USB networks taking care of the CCB's.  

I'm wondering if the USB ports are the problem... anyone have any ideas?

I have another 22 minute montage sequence - it works great for about 7 minutes.  Then one half of all the strings stop working.  I started from scratch and made a new sequence today, nice and short.  3 minutes long.  Sure enough, it only lasted two minutes.  

To contrast, I have one song that works fine.  Thank goodness it's a TSO song that seems to be everyone's (in my neighborhood at least) favorite. 

If one song works, then the problem is almost certainly not a hardware problem. Look for a sequencing issue. Make sure the channels are not duplicated for example.

• Like 1

Good idea.  I think it's not the case though - I've exported my channel settings and all my sequences use that file. 

It hangs up right after the first chase.  I put in a chase between two colors and used the fill tool to make a blend between the two.  It looks really cool.  Right when the fades start the majority of the strings stop working.  

The one show that DOES work ends with several of these fades, so I'm not sure why the software/hardware/whatever is having a hard time with this all of a sudden.

I installed LOR on a different machine - a laptop - plugged in the three networks, set it all up, and it's the same thing.  My one song works, the rest fail part way through after either several minutes or when the heavy lifting starts.  

As far as my network goes, I'm using the high speed USB485's and all brand new CAT6 cabling.  

You might consider using the LOR Verifier on that one sequence.  After running it myself this year, I found 3 channel overlaps that I have had in my channel configuration for the the last 2 years without even noticing.

• The topic was locked