Light-O-Rama Forums

Went LIVE!

dgrant

My opening night was last night (Friday after Thanksgiving). This is my first year as a musical after two years of animation only. Only had a couple friends and my parents come over for the grand opening. After watching the show twice we all cam inside for cookies and hot cocoa. A while later my friends and were out by the sidewalk when a car came and stopped. After watching for a couple minutes the driver rolled down his window and asked us if this was our house. I said it was and went over to talk to them for a few minutes. Turns out they lived a couple blocks away and had seen me setting up a couple weeks ago and drove by to see if I was operating yet. They said it looked and sounded good. Made the night for me. A little later someone else stopped by and watched for a while. I assume the number of people will increase as word spreads - however my location is not overly well suited for large crowds. The good part is that this is southern California and it's warm enough that getting out and watching from the sidewalks often works OK (or better).

No video from here yet either, but should be fairly soon...

Well it's my first year/ first night. It's going well So far. just some minor sequence adjustments. But all in all I'm stoked. Just had a handful of family standing by. And the looks of amazement from them said a lot.

Some tears as this is the first christmas with out my father inlaw. So this was all for him this year.

Hopefully a video will follow soon. Thanks to all of those who have helped me along the way.

I'm just so surprised....3rd day into the season and I've got cars lined up outside right now watching and listening. Makes me happy to no end!

Awesome Dgrant I was excited we had 2 cars. :) very quiet street. Lol. My son made me turn the radio on and we listened to it all night and he kept watching out the window so that makes it all worth it anyway.

I don't think it's about how many people show up to watch, but when people do... and they enjoy it.

It's also about just the joy of doing it.

One or two cars... or 20 cars, To me it's knowing someone is out there enjoying it.

Went LIVE! and it was good for the most part. Met some nice people as I had to walk to the cars to tell them what FM frequency I was broadcasting on at the time they were there viewing. Best and only way I could do it was during show time. (As Max says - the "southern" stations really amp up at night...) Finally found a clear channel and taped a cardboard/sharpie emergency sign over my FM sign. Will fix sign today and all good moving forward.

Lesson learned - just because was a good channel last year doesn't mean squat...

I'm adding the frequency check into my pre-show set up every year going forward...

Check out Colley Christmas on YouTube!

Looks like you got it going on! One arch segment out but everything else looks great!

• The topic was locked