Light-O-Rama Forums

Went LIVE!

dgrant

How did your first full show go tonight? Mine came off beautifully. Saw one sequencing mistake, one small prop didn't light up but that's it. Lots of people stopping to watch and people came to see it light up the first time even though its down in the 30's out there! Family is happy!

Awesome. Great to hear you guys are off to a good start. Less than 24 hours here until showtime. It's all been tested. Watched on the visualizer. Individual sequences watched. Snacks, hot cocoa, and all the party fixings are ready. About 40 people coming to the lights on party. Can't wait. Flipping the switch at 6:15pm tomorrow.

Show tonight started off great and still going.

I did a pre-lim last night to make sure all was well.

Good luck to all you crazy folks out there. :)

Tom

The show went great. surprisingly all the props went up fast and worked the first time. Only problem was a broken wire on a CCP controller so no lights on the roof till a new CCP shows up.

Still making extension cords for my 4 new arches. Had to buy more spt cord from Lowes. They are a little pricey - but at least they had some. However, 2 Lowes locations are now outta stock... :D

The female vampires have slowed me down a little. They used to be notched for making pass-thru receptacles. I've bought from 2 different vendors and I guess they all come from same China plant. Not notched & I've cracked a half dozen or so snipping at them. Slowed way down and I'm now getting it done. You would think for $0.40 each, they would be a little better quality - just frustrating. .... ;)

Have 1 tree to finish hanging lights/strobes in. My Arch extension spikes still need to be set up (very cool prop stemming from the Mega Arch). The backyard Disney inflatables still need set up for my grand-daughters. (They love Minnie - I can't stand her voice..) :rolleyes:

Busy day planned - but the show will start tonight !

Had to dig mini trees and assorted props out from under about 10" of fresh snow Thanksgiving morning.  Fired up the Holiday Coro mega tree for the first time after the feast and it performed flawlessly.  Found an error in a purchased sequence that I will fix over the weekend (I'll have to give Robert at HolidaySequences.com just a little bit of grief over it, but not too much...he has been awesome helping me get started with RGB this year).  Lost a half string of green LED's in one prop about half way through the evening, but spares are on hand and will be in place for tonight's show.  Traffic was pretty light for an opening night.  All in all, a decent "soft" opening to the season with just enough of a sampling of chaotic scrambling to keep me on top of my game.

Everything working! On a side note, I am having difficulties taking a quality video of show. Using a Cannon HD camera and no luck as lights (RGB and LED) seem too bright and wash out color and detail. Any suggestions?

..... I am having difficulties taking a quality video of show..... Any suggestions?

First off - use a tripod stand. Tripod equals clarity. (I hate shaky videos as well.)

Second - use your mp3 copy for the sound. Steady sound and no wind or car sounds.

To get a clear picture, the higher megapixel the camera has the better.

Here's one of mine from 2013. I don't have RGB, but 95% is LED.

It was shot with 18 megapixel, 24 frames per second at 1080 resolution.

Good luck.

Thanks. I got the tripod and the actual mp3 audio and software to mix. I will try the settings you suggested for video. Thank you.

Still making extension cords for my 4 new arches. Had to buy more spt cord from Lowes. They are a little pricey - but at least they had some. However, 2 Lowes locations are now outta stock... :D

The female vampires have slowed me down a little. They used to be notched for making pass-thru receptacles. I've bought from 2 different vendors and I guess they all come from same China plant. Not notched & I've cracked a half dozen or so snipping at them. Slowed way down and I'm now getting it done. You would think for $0.40 each, they would be a little better quality - just frustrating. .... ;)

Have 1 tree to finish hanging lights/strobes in. My Arch extension spikes still need to be set up (very cool prop stemming from the Mega Arch). The backyard Disney inflatables still need set up for my grand-daughters. (They love Minnie - I can't stand her voice..) :rolleyes:

Busy day planned - but the show will start tonight !

The plugs i recently bought from homedepot.com have the score lines.

Hey Daniel,

I noticed the light fixtures running next to the side walk. Nice touch. Are they all run on 10 channels?

That's pretty cool.

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

Success. Opening show was awesome. We had about 40 people for our lights on party. So much fun. We had a blast. My wife said we will shoot all the video tomorrow so I will post some of it tomorrow evening.

Hey Daniel,

I noticed the light fixtures running next to the side walk. Nice touch. Are they all run on 10 channels?

That's pretty cool.

Tom

Yes, 10 channels - thanks for asking.

The luminaries are stars, trees, snowmen & crosses that I made from coffee cans in 1990. Getting a little rusty these says, but still look pretty good in the dark.

Mine went off perfectly after a stressful week working out the kinks. Raised $3000 in gift cards, cash, and checks, not including toys galore, for a local family that lost their parents and left behind 3 kids. Local police blocked off our street and about 300 people showed up. Lights on Rosewood on Facebook. Amazing what a few lights can do :-)