Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP/CCB mounting to house?

debtoews

How do you all mount your CCB/CCP to outline your house? How is it set up?  Hubby and I are wanting to switch over but cannot figure out if you need a controller/power supply for each string how to do that on the house?  We have a 2 story house with tall peaks and its scary to be up there- Any pictures would be helpful/advice- thanks in advance!

Mine have been mounted for about 16 months without any failures.  I have to admit I was a little nervous the first time I fired them up this year as my regular LED lights were still working after 5 years when I took them down. I know I don't have the scorching heat in the summer that some do, but we do have some hot days.  See my videos.

Steve

Sorry debtoews

I was being sloppy and sent you to my videos........here's a direct link to the exact video

Video of pixels on the house.

Steve

Edited by steve synek

I ended up with one controller (out of 6) on the roof that I put out when I set up the lights. My construction experience has allowed me to create soffits on my house designed to be removed with little trouble. I wired outlets behind the soffits and in the attic (along with the data cables).  Two controllers are right below my ridge vents and the CCP leads are just small enough and long enough to reach into my attic out of sight and out of the weather.  The other 3 controllers are tucked into the soffits out of view.

Bragging here...........( and chuckling at all the sp cord people purchase- sorry) my entire display takes less than a dozen extension cords total!

Steve

Edited by steve synek

thanks Steve for all your help- much appreciated- Happy Thanksgiving

PS- good to hear about the extension cords- that is our goal too!

• The topic was locked