Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 v3.11.2 just locked up and stopped

plasmadrive

Anybody else have this issue?  I put a ticket in but I just don't want to lose that data.  I am not sure I can regenerate it..

The song played to the end then it just stopped and the screen that should have all my timing in it is all white.  The computer is not telling me that it is not responding.. The program seems to think it is still playing.. the play buttons are greyed out and the stop button won't work. 

Now I am getting an "unknown expander node map key" error when I click on a group.    The program is still running because I can click on many keys.. and I can bring up the animator..

Any help would be appreciated. 

If nothing else, just let it sit. Leave it on overnight and have a nice sleep. It is not entirely unusual for a program to lockup and appear to either be dead, or maybe partially operational. with enough time, they sometimes actually unlock. Just busy doing something (often totally unrelated to the program you were using). Since it's late evening, just go to bed and dream about it being good in the morning.

Next time, save more often...

I have had this issue too many times over the past few weeks.  I save every 5 minutes after losing 4 hours of sequencing.  I generally save every 4-6 hours because in 8 years I have never had an issue until updating to 3.11.2 and adding 3,000 pixels.    Light o rama seems as if it can't keep up...  I started with LOR and want to stay with LOR but I can't even skew my pixel tree left without LOR crashing.  4gb patch seemed to help.  Still at least one crash a day....  Any help would be appreciated!

If nothing else, just let it sit. Leave it on overnight and have a nice sleep. It is not entirely unusual for a program to lockup and appear to either be dead, or maybe partially operational. with enough time, they sometimes actually unlock. Just busy doing something (often totally unrelated to the program you were using). Since it's late evening, just go to bed and dream about it being good in the morning.

Next time, save more often...

Jim,

That was my thought and I was going to do just that... but I just had so much to do ... so after an hour of waiting I clicked the red corner X to close the program...being fully ticked off .....and that screen closed down to reveal the right screen under it... well I was in a hurry and not too happy so when the error message popped up and said something about "save" I already had the second click out of the mouse button.. DOH!   Didn't get to read the error message or save whatever could have been saved.. Stupid me..  didn't have my glasses on, and got impatient... :wacko:

Oh well, since I had been saving every half hour I only lost that half hour but not sure what I lost.. I don't write scripts so I make it up as I go... :wacko:   I will figure out what to put in where ever that loss happened.. I hope!   ha ha

I have had this issue too many times over the past few weeks.  I save every 5 minutes after losing 4 hours of sequencing.  I generally save every 4-6 hours because in 8 years I have never had an issue until updating to 3.11.2 and adding 3,000 pixels.    Light o rama seems as if it can't keep up...  I started with LOR and want to stay with LOR but I can't even skew my pixel tree left without LOR crashing.  4gb patch seemed to help.  Still at least one crash a day....  Any help would be appreciated!

I am running about 6500 channels and this is my very first crash with 3.11.x

Anybody else having this issue? Its getting really old.. SE just freezes up, all timing goes white. I'm able to save what I'm working on and close SE. Just getting old. Several times a day this happens. I've also had SE just crash( not responding and force close once. Loss of data..) No issues with this until this year once I updated software.

My two cents....

For what it's worth, My SE started acting all sorts of weird as you described.  I found on another post that in you don't have all your comm adaptors hooked up and you have "Control Lights" clicked it'll bog down the SE.

I unchecked "Control Lights" and sure enough, back to normal.  This may be common sense to most, but my frustration was alleviated by this fix.  Good luck!

Thanks, comm adaptor hooked up. Control lights not checked. Sequencing is done so its a non issue now. Didn't crash last 4 days of sequencing luckily..

I have seen this happen when sequencing that it only played for a few seconds and lock up but it only does it after I go to the internet and the sound card is used. When I come back to LOR and hit play it locks down and causes me to restart the sequence editor. Saving grace here is that if I did make changes it does allow me to save the changes before closing.

Thats it! It hasn't done it lately because I haven't been on internet. Yes, saving grace is the fact it allows you to save. Thanks