Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Gama adjustment for RGB

bobschm

I think that's what I need. :huh:

Here's the problem. In a typical fade up from 0 to 100%, LOR will send data numbers from 0-255 to the Sandevices E682 board. I need it to send 0 to about only 50 for data. Or I need to sequence every one of my sequences to 0-25% max. (Is there an easy way to do that?) 

My pixels are blasting full Rudolph nose at 25% on the LOR scale. This explains why they looked so glitchy last year.

So is there an adjustment in LOR that limits the data values? Or am I looking at all-nighters til Thanksgiving. :blink:

If I understand what you asking .. I think the solution would be under:

Tools | Fade Tool Settings

Normally, this is set to 0 on the top bar and 100 on the bottom bar.

Select the second radio button (on each)  and that will start the fade at 0 and run it up to 50% (Other options are available)

Then change the fade on ole Rudolph using this new setting...

To globally change all of you fades at once .. I dont think there is a route to that (but I am NOT the expert ... )

However... there is a caveat that may squirrel the deal .. This is from the LOR Help ...

"Fades are only supported on Light-O-Rama controllers. If one is used on a different device type, it will simply immediately turn the lights completely on or completely off, based on the ending brightness of the fade (fades ending at greater than 10% brightness are considered "on", and others are considered "off")."

Bob

Jim of SanDevices solved this. He concluded that this was a power problem. I was using a DC-DC convertor scheme this year. Bad idea. I suspect the convertors put out very noisy unfiltered DC that was wreaking havoc on the 2811 chips in the pixels as soon as I went above 25% on the LOR scale.

I hitched one string to a small Meanwell supply I had and :D it worked. Just ordered several more supplies and hopefully they will arrive early next week.

Problem solved. JIM is the GREATEST!

Glad you got it fixed ..

WOW .. did I COMPLETELY miss the question or what ??

I'll be over there ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Watching ..

Bob