Light-O-Rama Forums

usb485b

King10Pin

HI guys, 

Look I have probably missed something simple.  This is my first controller from lightorama.  I have the CMB24D I purchased everything from lightorama.  I have set the CMB24D to LOR with the jumpers connected the power supply 12 v dc to channels 1 to 12.  Connected a Single load to the v+ and channel 1, and have the dips all off expect 9.   I have loaded the latest version of the software.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the VSP drivers with the drivers from the hyperlink on the light o rama site.  The card is in Waiting mode with the led blinking a couple of times a second. 

I can not however get comms to the unit from the laptop. Toshiba Windows 7 64 bit sp1.  The Device manager is happy with the drivers, the LOR Hardware configuration see's the com port.  But no go.  the LED dose not go solid.  The com is set to default settings with the speed at the lowest I could find that was supported by LOR 19200.

I have tried different cat5 cables, and replacement usb cable. still no go.  If I delete the com port and then plug the SUB485B back in windows dose see it and reinstall it. so I am assuming that the converter is ok.

Have I missed something. 

Cheers

Hi yes I have installed the rs485 unit and it is on Com 5.  Plus that is the one that shows up in the hardware utility..  the unit came shipped with the Jumpers set to the LOR network,  I have checked and it is exactly like the manual.

Long shot with only one controller, but what Unit ID did you assign to the unit and is the Hardware Utility set to a high enough number to find it?  (Not that I have ever made that mistake!)

I thought that.  I set the Card to 1 which is DIP 9 on only.  I also maxed out the Hardware utility to see the total range.  I am going to reset the board and see how it goes

Cheers