Light-O-Rama Forums

Let's hear from successful LOR II show users

Charles Belcher

Tonight was my "soft" opening and the show did not launch.

So I:
1. Disabled shows.
2. Took all my sequences out of the show editor and put them back in one at a time enabling shows after each one.

Found one that the show editor didn't like. Opened it in the Sequence editor. Toggled a cell. Saved. Enabled shows and all is well!

Cheers,
Charlie

I've only got 16 channels, but this is my first year, and I have had no trouble with LOR II

Infact, I'm catching on to tracks quickly and am attempting to lay down a few more sequences before the seasons over!

Charles Belcher wrote:

What does "toggling a cell" mean?

Charles

Basically Turn it on then turn it off again in some sort of fashin. ie, fade up/down, on/off, something like that done in a cell in the sequencer

I don't want to jinx myself, but.....

LOR II, 160 channels, 10 controllers, 2 wireless transceivers and the show Rocks!
So far every problem/glitch/issue was my own fault. Pulled a few brain farts, you know, program stuff for channel 9-16 on controller 5. Then plug them into controller 6. (Can't imagine why that would screw things up) Reversed the order of the plugs on candy canes and scratch my head when they go backwards. ("But they looked fine on the animation screen!!!")
The real booger was when I forgot to cut the tabs off 2 of the outlets I mounted in 4S boxes. Wired to 4 color tree's. Man was I ready to start drinking when I saw 1 tree changing to the wrong color twice per sequence.

All in all, it is working as it should. Started on time, did what it was supposed to. And I've gotten a lot of great comments from the spectators.

Scott

I think I'm ready to be added to the "success" column. I'm having terrible luck getting my X-10 to work, but I've been in conversations with others who are having that working, so that might be unrelated X-10 issues on my end (I've had plenty this year anyway, but thought I had them resolved). I'm also having issues with flickery fades, but I don't think that's an LOR 2 issue but rather my new firmware I installed this year...

My biggest issue is the "no audio on startup/shutdown sequence" one. I'm really happy with LOR II so far.

-Tim

Hi All,

Finally it is December. And my show has been running for over a week ... seemingly without a hitch. Although I don't sit outside and watch it, so it may have had a hiccup or two ... but no one has told me about them.

I'm thankful for cold weather though ... cause otherwise I may have been outside changing things ... or adding lights. I'm a nitpicker at heart, and there are little things that I see that I would change.

Now I'm getting to the point where I will have time to add a song or two. I just need to get "back in the mood" to sit there for 5 or 10 hours.

As usual, I'm already thinking of things to change or update for next year. IT IS A SICKNESS!!!!!!!!

But, bottom line, I'm glad I am (still) glad I made the switch to the gamma release. I have not upgraded to the .08 ... figured, I didn't have any problems, why invite trouble.

All the best,

T.

Ive been running gamma since it was released. Havent had audio in the startup or shutdown tab, had a few minor glitches, 2.0.8 fixed the once in a while channel on but still no audio on the startup yet. Other than that doing great, even in rain and snow.Starts on time. Shutsdown fine. the once in a while lor proccessor cant keep up bit, no complaints (bad) just want the startup fixed

This is an old thread, but to add to the inventory I am successfully running 64 channels on gamma 2.0.8 with complete success. Show's been running 9 hours a day for a week with a mix of animation and musical sequences. I am an EXTREMELY happy first year LOR user.

All of the problems I encountered had workarounds I've posted about elsewhere, which are now part of the normal process I go through moving stuff from my development machine to the show machine.

My deepest thanks and appreciation to Dan and all the LOR team (and helpful fellow users). I consider the fact that I built 4 controllers with zero problems a testimonial to the outstanding quality of LOR hardware, kit prep and fantastic instructions.

Same here, currently running 2.0.8, with 64 channels and all is working well, I have been running for 3 weeks, no problems.

Thank you Dan and the LOR II team!

Yep,

I started this thread before Dec 1st in anxious hope of having successful shows with a new software and wondered how others were doing.

It is now December 11th and I have run 5 different shows, made changes while the show was running in the sequence editor, saved it and the changes were played back on the next run.

I did have one problem on December 2nd were random channels were turning on although not sequenced to do so. I had 2.0.0 then and upgraded to 2.0.8 and it fixed that problem.

I never had any problems with sequences not playing or playing twice or the whole show stopping early like several members had. All of my sequences were built in LOR I in September and converted to LOR II when the Gamma was posted so I guess I am just lucky.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I will have my videos ready before this weekend. Is there a place to post videos on this forum?

Charles Belcher

No noticable problems here, all working, using a variety of media files mp3 and wav.

Just kinda ticked new blanket of snow and think its gonna hide lights on my shrubs 5 inches worth.

Constant fog and condensation for a week now- but launched last Wednesday night and everything running like a champ.

I am using LOR 2. But had sequenced everything in LOR 1 before upgrading. But upgraded and started show off and hasn't failed yet.

Push Eject wrote:

Tonight was my "soft" opening and the show did not launch.

So I:
1. Disabled shows.
2. Took all my sequences out of the show editor and put them back in one at a time enabling shows after each one.

Found one that the show editor didn't like. Opened it in the Sequence editor. Toggled a cell. Saved. Enabled shows and all is well!

Was this sequence originally LOR I or LOR II?

Do you still have a copy of the old version? If so, could you please send me a copy of it along with the new (working) version?

If it was originally an LOR I file, there should be a backup of it that was automatically created when it was converted to LOR II. If your sequence is named "MySequence.lms", the LOR I backup will be named "MySequence.lms.v1.bak" (or something like that). If not, and if you've only made that one change and haven't saved it again, there should still be "MySequence.lms.bak".

Thanks.

We are using LOR II and have been running since Nov 23rd with 176 channels. Have 12 sequences all created in LOR II. We did have LOR I files from last year, but we had 80 channels then. So with adding about 100 channels this year, it was almost like starting over.

We are presently using 2.0.6 but will be upgrading to the latest version tomorrow. The only problem we have had is with rain. Have had to close down 4 nights with downpours. Other than that, LOR II has worked like a charm.

Thanks to Bob and Dan!!

I had a pleasant surprise last night.

I normally get home about 5:00. I make sure all the displays are still standing, then manually start the show. Not that I don't trust LOR II to start automatically, but...

Anyway, I guess I forgot to turn the show computer off last night, which was very fortunate, because I didn't get home from work til well after 6:30. I called my wife to see if she could start the show at 5:30, and she said it's already on and going.

So here I come down the street, and a crowd of cars in front of my house. After I was able to swerve through cars and pull into my driveway and had people clapping, yelling thanks and telling me how much they appreciated all the work and the great show. So then I get my mail, and in the mailbox is a not from someone blessing me for "spreading the holiday joy!"

It's night's like this that make the 6 months of programming and set up (and 12 months of credit card payments) make it all worth it.

Thanks to everybody at Light-O-Rama!!!

Scott

bob wrote:

Was this sequence originally LOR I or LOR II?

Do you still have a copy of the old version? If so, could you please send me a copy of it along with the new (working) version?

Bob,

Originally LOR I.

When I get home tonight I will zip the whole lot up and send it to you.

Charlie