Light-O-Rama Forums

Let's hear from successful LOR II show users

Charles Belcher

LOR II Users,

Can I get a quick response from everyone who is using LOR II; is using the show scheduler and the show is actually starting and stopping on time, audio works, all channels are responding on time, not sticking or not working, all sequences are playing, etc, etc.

Thanks

Charles

I'm using LOR II and after a software update (and a stupid sequencing mistake! lol) I got my show to work like a charm tonight! I have 2.0.6

I am live with version G2.0.4.... Actually went live on Monday (6 days early) :dude:.

I currently have three sequences running along with a very simple background process.

Looking for 2.0.6, but I can't find the link.

I finally got my bugs out..running 64 channels but have 2 bad channels so I relocated the bad ones on to spares and it looked great tonight. Going live this friday with 62 channels. ver 2.0.0 ..I don't think I wanna try upgrading :P any more.

No problems here launched Friday after Thanksgiving running LORII with 32 channels. I have about 15 songs. Two shows scheduled running alternating every other night... On the weekend I add "I Believe in Magic..." to the mix... :P

OK, out of the 106 views there are only 6 replies. Does that mean the other 100 are LOR I users; or the other 100 are LOR II users with problem?

Charles

It is probably more like 70 trolls 20 LOR I users and 10 LOR II users with Problems.

Myself I have been running for five days and have had a couple of X10 glitches (See the X10 thread for details) but other then that everything has been very good. There is one glitch in a sequence but I do not think that is a LORII issue. My display is running 212 channels.

Frank

I haven't finished setting up my display yet, but the individual elements have been tested. I will only be running 48 channels :( During testing it may have just been my imagination but maybe just once the sequence was out of time on some channels using 2.0.0

Go Live date is Saturday - 80 channels - test last night worked just fine (16 channels - some trees and reindeer). Tested sequencer, show and scheduler.

Pray for me, brother, because I have shined.

ps, this is running LORII with D-Light controllers (8 ACx8's and 1 ACx16). I just haven't gotten the hang of their new Spectrum software so I'm sticking with LOR another year.

Been using "LOR I" for the last two years and never had a glitch with the scheduler. It's been working like a champ for me.

It isn't the best design I've seen :? for a software App, and is a bit irritating sometimes to use the interface when trying to make a simple change without getting dialogs popping up to inform me of something I already know. Yet it is simple and sweet. Being that it is not often that I need to make schedule changes, I don't complain about the features that I wished it would have.

I guess I was the one with the major problems and now everything is working perfectly and on time. Wish I could say the same for me. Quite satisfied. Now if they would just get rid of that crazy channel jump when you are sequencing I would be a happy camper. Of course I am pretty happy right not to tell the truth.

I've been up and running with LOR II since the day after Thanksgiving. The new software fixed a delay in my sequences and let me use my old laptop.

I'm running 208 channels and LOR 2.0.0.

I will be starting my show on Dec 1st so I don't have the full experience yet for this year to comment on. I have been doing some testing and tweaking and have experienced no problems. Testing of the Light linkers at three neighbors houses seem to be working as advertised.

Until I go live on Saturday and everything starts and runs through all the way, I will have pre show butterflies. : )

I am going to download 2.0.8 tonight just to play it safe.

We did a dress rehearsal last night with LOR II 2.0.0.4 and used the scheduler. The entire was programmed in LOR I and converted to II. We have 65,000 lights across 224 channels of controllers all upgraded to 4.0 firmware (some bought in 2005, 2006 and 2007) and another 20 channels of dmx via the iDMX1000. I am also triggering relays to motorized props using 12v batteries and turning fans on and off directly from a 1602.

Everything went perfect. The show started and stopped when scheduled. I even made changes to the schedule as the show was running and it responded properly.

One thing I do differently (I think) is edit all of the show music, break music, voice overs and special effects in Audacity then make one 30 minute long .wav file. This way my show schedule is one file.

If I ever have to fire the sequence manually, it will be a piece of cake.

Good luck to all and thank you for your comments.

Charles

Glad you are working Robin.

I've been live for two days now. Had a few issues the first night with the show stopping in the middle. In the hurry, I think I just forgot to convert all of my shows over to LORII before starting. I already had a couple of nights on LORI. Second night of LORII went without a problem that I know of. I was gone for about two hours of the show, but all was working upon my return.

Brian

Christmas_time_karl_UK wrote:

32 channels on lor 2.0.0working great. Will upgrad to 2.0.8

Have been running with LOR II with 168 channels and 17 controllers. Had problems before upgrading to 2.0.6, but that has solved everything since then. Runs from 5:30-10:30 the last 2 nights with no problems.