Light-O-Rama Forums

Humm... first for me...

rainyoregonchristmas

So, tonight I had a first.  I know many have experienced controllers not turning on or not turning off when they had low loads on channels caused by solely using LED's but it was a first for me.  Never had an issue with it before.  I was using an older board I bought second hand.  I used it all last year running my Incan snowflake matrix.  This year, I added it to my LED mega tree.  I hooked up the 12 channels of the tree "legs."  Turned on the hardware utility... nothin'.  Went back, checked the ID number.  Nothing.  Reset the controller ID dials, nothing.  Hooked up a C7 to a channel, nothin'.  Plugged in the 3 channel Incan star on top the tree.... and it was working!  Ah ha!  I knew exactly what it was.  Added incan strings to each leg.  One by one as I plugged and unplugged the box a few times I was able to unstick all the triacs. 

Doesn't hurt my feelings to add another 600 lights to my mega tree.  Should help with dimming too.

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

Aren't the leds and incandescents going to dim at different rates? They might look funny side by side, or it might look like more channels lol

I have also seen that if you add just 1 incandescent bulb at the beginning of each string can easily solve this issue.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-o-rama-led-snubber-/261660104735?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:3160  might be an easy fix!  just tape it so it is not visable, and the LED string works like we need it too!

• The topic was locked