Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a way?

equinator

Hiya everybody!

I was going to put an info board out at the end of my drive with the playbill, and other information like how many points of light, how many channels, yada yada.
I was wondering if there was a way to count how many commands are in a given sequence? Kinda useless information, but was wondering if it was possible.

You can open your sequence up in a text editor like Notepad++ and see how many lines there are.  I never really looked to see if there are more than one command per line though.

I have done a lot of editing the xml files in Notepad.  There is a lot of extra stuff in there, so that won't work.

It can be done by clipping your entire sequence into a clipboard and saving it.   Open the clip file.   It contains no extraneous information.  It doesnt even contain pixels,   just sets of 3 for R, G, & B 

If you know you clipped 3600 channels. Then you can compute the number of effects by counting the lines.    

If the clipboard is not too big,  you can open it in clipboard flipper.  It will tell you the exact number of channels.   And the exact number of effects.   It also can tell you how many timing marks have at least one effect change.

Thanks everybody!

Ran into an issue trying to see how many lines were in those clipboard files. Notepad, Wordpad, and Works wouldn't open the entire file, they were too big. So, renamed them to a text file, and using the command prompt and the find command, was able to easily list how many lines were in the files.