Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting 240v lor controller to 110v

pclarke34

Hello Newbie here,

I have 2 lor controllers 1x110v and 1x240v i want if possible to change the 240v to 110v.

Can i do this with too much technical ability or is just as simple as to change the jumpers??

Many thanks in advance

On the newer G3 controllers, I don't think it's a simple jumper switch setting. It used to be on the older controllers.

Assuming these are 16 channel controllers ... if your status light is RED then you have an older controller. If it is GREEN you have a G3 controller.

If it's an older controller, take a look at the documentation (link at top of page) for your controller. It should have directions there for the converting back to 110.

Thanks Don,

I have G3 controllers, they have jumpers, set for 240v in the documentation, they state positioning for 110v and 240v but it doesn't actually say you can change them over.??

In building the kits, if I remember correctly, there were some resistors that needed to be a certain resistance depending on the voltage. I seem to remember a 330Ohm resistor and a 180Ohm? Look at the build paperwork to be sure.

• The topic was locked