Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug?

Denny

I forgot to mention that I'm using LOR I 1.6.15. I couldnt find any post in the LOR I forum and this was the closest post I could find to my same problem. I guess maybe now I should upgrade to S2?

I've been trying to reproduce this problem (where "play at half speed" causes the wrong song to play) in S2, and haven't been able to.

Have you upgraded to S2? If so, are you still getting this problem?

Is anyone else getting this problem in S2?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Well I have some information to add. Since I have been using this, I though one of my computers had a problem with playing 1/4 speed until I read this. I was searching for a different problem. Now I have realized there are 3 problems. I do not want to over complicate a single bug report, but maybe these are related.

My "Development" laptop plays mp3's at the 1/4 and 1/2 speed setting, or so I thought. This laptop is a MS Vista business x32 with Windows Media player 11.0.6000.6344. I have been having problems where it will play 1/4 or 1/2 speed, and then seems to corrupt the audio. This happens when I am playing from the current position with the space bar. If I switch back to full speed, the problem seems to go away. Sometimes it goes away if I start from another position in the sequence. Other times it does not go away, and I close LOR (S2) to solve the problem.

The second amazing discovery was that I realized that 1/4 speed and 1/2 speed are actually playing the same speed!!! (1/2 speed)

On my second computer (XP Home), the MP3 plays silence at 1/4 speed. When I used audacity to convert it to a wav, LOR prompted to convert and I allowed it. It plays 1/4 and 1/2 correctly. I quite like the 1/4 speed and use it a lot for tight drum sequences.

These issues do not seem to be tied to any specific audio file, except the corrupt audio was all with MP3's. Time will tell if that happens with wavs. Hope this information helps.