Light-O-Rama Forums

Building a DIY CTB16KD need to know what enclosure to use

steveV967

Hi,

I'm going to purchase the CTB16KD DIY Kit and found that LOR does not sell an enclosure for this card. Has anyone built one of these and if so what did you use for an enclosure?

TIA, Steve

I like a NEMA 3R box from Home Depot.  It is 10" x 10" x 4".  It is made of steel, and is designed to be used in a wet area (not submerged), and has a hasp for a padlock.  It is similar to the boxes that LOR uses.

I have some of the CTB16PC and the CTB16KD kits.  This works for both.  I did need to drill mounting holes for the controller.  I also like to connect all the grounds from the dongles and cord set to the box.

They are gray, but I paint mine black so they aren't so noticeable in the dark.

Jerry

I use the CG1500 boxes, only thing that you need to modify is the heatsink holes need ground to match the mounting holes. But that was on the old style boxes, I know they changed the hole pattern a few years ago, so now I'm not sure.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Since this was my first post it took a couple of days to make it to the board and I got anxious and just went with the PC board that comes with the Plastic box. :( 

I appreciate all the info, and will use it when I expand my display next year :0.

• The topic was locked