Light-O-Rama Forums

What to do when there is nowhere for people to park and watch?

Klayfish

Another option is to get all your neighbors onboard and sync all the houses to music.  This way all the viewing can be done at any angle.

That's a grand idea .... well more like a 10 grand idea ...... I like it!

the house I was renting wasn't conducive to parking or watching either..so I set my display up at a friends house...

this will be year # 5...

Edited by jimswinder

I keep waiting for a house to go on sale in a neighbourhood near mine, but I fear he bought it because of why I want it. He also does a nice LOR setup and has the neighbourhood pool parking lot directly across the street from him. IDEAL! 

Ha...that would be ideal, for the neighbors to want to join in.  I've only met the one across the street once...and I met the mother only.  They had a pretty large Halloween display up - blow ups, fog machine, some lights, etc...so perhaps I can convince them to join in.  I hope so, because I'd love to put arches over our path.

Papa, love the avatar by the way.  My other hobby is cars and racing...or at least as much as I can afford.

Ha...that would be ideal, for the neighbors to want to join in.  I've only met the one across the street once...and I met the mother only.  They had a pretty large Halloween display up - blow ups, fog machine, some lights, etc...so perhaps I can convince them to join in.  I hope so, because I'd love to put arches over our path.

Papa, love the avatar by the way.  My other hobby is cars and racing...or at least as much as I can afford.

it is my dream car, maybe after all the grandkids go off to college. I should have my new 2014 Silverado paid off by then

Papa

How about getting together with your local golf cart guy and have them set up a rental concession for people who didn't bring their own.

Just a word of advice since I live in the same area. Seeing as how you are moving into a sub-division near Atlanta get written approval from your HOA. HOAs in Georgia have  lot of power and are notorious for being a pain in the backside. Most people will love your show but it will only take a few complaints for the noise or traffic and the HOA will shut you down.

Been there, done that.

My remedy to the problem? I got elected to the HOA board and now they have to send the complaints to me, problem fixed.   :P

Best of luck to you!  I just moved away from the Atlanta/Sandy Springs area 3 weeks ago.

After Thanksgiving hits, check out this house and see how they're handling the traffic congestion.  I took my sister last year and we parked several blocks away and walked the rest of the way because we weren't sure which roads would be open and which would be blocked off.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/news/breaking-news/christmas-display-at-brookhaven-home-raises-spirit/nTb6Z/

Approximate location is Peachtree Dunwoody Rd and WInall Down Rd in Brookhaven.

http://goo.gl/maps/4QXUv

While their display is different than yours, and they're not in a cul-de-sac, they are against a busy road where people really can't stop their cars to look. Everyone has to get out on foot.  Hopefully this can give you a few ideas.

Best of luck and hope it all works out for you!

• The topic was locked