Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller connecting

BlackwolfK9

I have 4 controllers, do they have to be in series from one controller to the next or can I come out of 1 controller using each RJ45 to 2 controllers?

They should be daisy chained - no Y. It does not matter what order you put them in - in other words, does NOT have to be controller 1 then 2, then 3, etc.

If you're in a bind and really need to split the signal, LOR sells a network repeater just for that purpose.  Handy little device to have ...

There are 2 RJ45's in each controller, so if I'm understanding right, you can't connect an additional controller to each of them.  If not, then why are there 2.

There are 2 RJ45's in each controller, so if I'm understanding right, you can't connect an additional controller to each of them.  If not, then why are there 2.

2 RJ45 ports. 1 inbound, 1 outbound. 

See typical setups link at the top of the page. It's highly recommended you stick with the daisy chain. Murphy tends to take over if you move away from that.

You're missing it.

Cat-5 cable from USB485 adapter to one port on the first controller.

Another Cat-5 cable from the second port on the first controller, to a port on the second controller.

Third Cat-5 cable from the second port on the second controller to a port on the third controller.

Forth Cat-5 cable from the second port on the third controller to a port on the forth controller.

etc...

Oh wow, was I being stupid or what, duh!  Been a long summer and beginning to fall. Gone brain dead.

Check the USB485b  (high power usb) it has two RJ 45  connectors (in parallel)  this way you can run two different lines from the computer in different directions.

• The topic was locked