Light-O-Rama Forums

Control box 5

Brett H.

So I added 3 more control boxes and went in hardware and reassigned all 5. The 5th one I set works fine in the test. all channels light up. Used same cat5 to do the reset- so I know its not a cat5 issue. But when I play a song nothing lights up. And before you ask yes I did go in and change the designated channel to unit 5...lol.

Its just weird that when I run test in hardware all channels receive signal and work but when I run sequence editor nothing happens. Frustrated at this point. Any ideas? Anyone? Please help!

What is your license level? From the sound of it, you have a Basic Plus. You will need Standard or higher to control more than 4 UnitID's.

I don't remember Don...lol it has been so long since I looked at that.  But I will try to reset the unit ID to 4 once and see if it works that way. Definitely something to try. Thanks. Keep the ideas coming just incase that isn't the case.

Don- this will be first and last time I tell you this....lol your a super genius....lol must be the issue because I reset it to unit 4 and it works fine. Thanks knew someone would see my oversight. Thought it was a issue with control box itself. Thanks again.

I'll ignore the genius comment. :)

Tip: If you go to the store to upgrade to Standard (or Advanced) remember that you will NOT need to renew your license. That upgrade will count as a license renewal.

Yeah just trying to decide if going to advanced is worth it. We have slowly been building and don't plan on getting another 3 for awhile. Whenever we can afford it. But I am good with 5 controllers right now. Beyond getting unlimited control boxes is it worth going to advanced? not a lot of difference I see really.

• The topic was locked