Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility Not recognizing all Controllers

mccartma

Upon setting up my controllers for testing, individually they are all recognized.  However when I connect them all together only a few are recognized.  The ones that it  recognizes are the CCR's , CMB24 and G3

Any Help please

Sounds like you might have a bad cat5 cable in the chain.  Are all the controllers that are recognized grouped together and the unrecognized ones grouped at the end of the chain?  If so, you probably have a bad cable.  When you say that they are recognized individually, I assume you mean they are recognized individually by the hardware utility with each one connected individually but not when they are all connected?

Upon setting up my controllers for testing, individually they are all recognized. However when I connect them all together only a few are recognized.

The ones that it recognizes are the CCR's , CMB24 and G3

Any Help please

Sounds like you have a mix of older and newer controllers. If I had to guess you are trying to configure them at 500k.

Drop the network speed down and everything should be seen by the HWU. The older controllers can't run 500k. You will need to split them off onto their own network.

Yeah I have in order 3-CCRs to  1-CMB24D to 2-CTB16D to 1 CTB16PC V2 and 1G2 @1 G3.  I have tried switching the orientation around along with the cables and that results in different results but never all the controllers being recognized at once.  I have been reading some on separating the networks ie. aux a etc.  Do you think that could be a problem. I do have the USB485B that's what  will try next.  Thanks for the help

Drop the G2 controller(s) from the mix. Everything should be recognized at that point. If you have your LOR network set to 500k (open the LOR network preferences to check) then you can't mix G2 and G3 controllers on the same network. If you want to run 500k, you can only have G3 hardware on there.

It sounds like you have two options.

1) Drop the network speed back, and run everything on one network.

2) Get another USB485 adapter, and run the G2 devices on its own network, and the other on the 500k network.

I've got a related question please. My controller #2 seems to be having issues. Sometimes its there and sometimes not. I've tried both ports on it and swapped out the cable with a new one, yet the issue persists. Devices on that ELL buss are 0B, 0C, 1, 2, 6, 7, 10, 11. Unit 7 gets moved today to another area so it won't be on there.  These are all Cat6 cables too and/or ELL's with Cat6. I've not altered the speed of the buss from the 57.9k as I'm adding two G2 units (10 and 11) to all the G3's. I also noticed that when I connected two more devices on top of the others, that the two additional wouldn't communicate (units 4&5) till I connected them separately via their own ELL, then they were there without issue. Info: Units 3, 7(shortly) and 0A are on their own ELL too and report up just fine.  Thoughts?

Edit: Never mind...it was the RJ45 connectors after all. Guess I'm getting too old to see without a magnifying glass...lol. I carefully pulled them up and all is good once again. All 12 controllers now reporting for duty!

On the OP's issue, make sure that none of the addresses happen to have gotten matched...such as two unit 1's on the same buss. I've seen that cause a small tantrum in the devices via the HWU.

Edited by dgrant

Trouble shooting takes a person who is willing to label individual pieces of your setup. To include cat5 cables. Then noting what works. As you mentioned, you swapped things up and then had different results.The problem I see is that you do not mention what those results where and what was swapped up. Its really hard for you and for us to know what is going on without detailed information. Try what Don suggested and let us know how that works. Take notes and supply more details. Trouble shooting on site is bad enough. Trying to trouble shoot long distance is just a bear. More you help us, the more help we can give to you.

Oh and the "@" symbol is not "and". Its is "AT".

• The topic was locked