Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Set New Unit ID

hemilovers

Having problems setting a new unit ID.  OK-I have Unit ID 1, 2 and 3 for LOR1602W Controllers;  4, 5, 6 and 7 are for Four CCR's; and #8 for CMB24D for 8 Dumb RGB's. What I tried was-on the Setup Comm Port-Auto Configure-so it went to Comm 6.  Then Set Unit IDs-I selected 8 for the CMB24D, but it tells me that it was "Unable to Locate Unit to Change Address. Check Connections and Power."  But everything is connected and Powered. So what am I doing wrong?  Please help.  Thanks. By the Way--- The CMB24D Controller's Unit Address & Config Switches is on 8. 

Edited by hemilovers

I've tried everything and it is still telling me "Unable to Locate Unit to Change Address.  Check Connections and Power"

I've tried everything and it is still telling me "Unable to Locate Unit to Change Address.  Check Connections and Power"

Are you trying to change the address via the Hardware Utility? If yes ... stop it. That's not how you do it on the CMB24D. Period. End of discussion.

Change the address via the DIP SWITCHES located on the board. Use the documentation (link in thread) to select the correct ID. Now connect to the Hardware Utility and REFRESH to search for the device. Again, do not try and change the address via the hardware utility.

• Like 1

After you changed address on cmb24 power unit down then plug back in

Thank you, Dennis. Yes, after you change the address (again via the dip switches) power cycle the CMB24D.

Thank you, Dennis. Yes, after you change the address (again via the dip switches) power cycle the CMB24D.

Yet another reason not to do work on boards while they are "hot".

tj

Meds...I always wondered how you old timers that help everyone don't rip your hair out. Your patience and willingness to help is beyond me! Thanks to all of you

• The topic was locked