Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up Superstar Sequencer for 2 CCR arches

frankmbye

How do you set up the Super Star editor to sync 1 CCR for 2 arches? Each arch will be about 8 feet long. All that I seem to be able to do is 2 arches, both with a full 16 foot ribbon. I want to use 1 ribbon on two arches, and not have both arches doing the same thing at the same time.

The best way is to use SuperStar in Visualization mode. First use the Lightorama Visualizer to make a visualization of your two arches. Then launch SuperStar, click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization" and the arches will appear on the screen the way you drew them in the visualizer, and if you draw them next to each other on the same row, then they will be on the same sequencing row and you can do one morph across both arches very easily.

Why not just use the the lay out for 1 CCR 1/2 length. Gives you 1 CCR with 2 arches. or am i missing something on his post

Yes, in CCR mode you can choose 1 CCR and 1/2 length arches, but it puts each arch on its own sequencing row. If you draw your 2 arches in a visualization and import the visualization it will put both arches on 1 sequencing row and then you can do 1 morph across the 1 sequencing row and it will go across the 2 arches.

Brian, I'm trying to do the same thing except I'm using 2 CCR's to get 4 arches. It keeps giving me 2 grid lines instead of 1. Is there a way to get them on 1 grid line so I can do the morph across the 4 arches?

I figured it out! Put them together and made one prop and that worked!

Edited by larryk5

Brian I'm trying to do the same thing but it won't show the 2 arches just 1 line what did I do wrong any videos of creating this thank you  

BrianBruderer

Ok, I’m missing something on my 2 arches, with one CCR. On the Superstar Sequencer I get the 2 arches, but I also get 2 lines of boxes, and each line has 50 little boxes. The top set of boxes is for the full second arch, and the bottom set of boxes is for the first arch. This looks to me like I have 2 CCR’s and I only want to use 1 CCR. What am I doing wrong.

Please email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com

The visualization file will be at;

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

BrianBruderer

Ok, I’m missing something on my 2 arches, with one CCR. On the Superstar Sequencer I get the 2 arches, but I also get 2 lines of boxes, and each line has 50 little boxes. The top set of boxes is for the full second arch, and the bottom set of boxes is for the first arch. This looks to me like I have 2 CCR’s and I only want to use 1 CCR. What am I doing wrong.

Did you import with horizontal and 100 lines?