Light-O-Rama Forums

spiral tree help

paralegalnc

• 2 weeks later...

if you could please send me the sequences along with the LEE file too,

im also trying a spiral tree this yr, it will be my focus point of my show.

I only have 32 chs but im going to use 16 just for the tree.

any other advice you want to give would be a great help.

Thanks

Dennis Smith

anniesmith116@gmail.com

Can one of you who have recieved the sequencing email it to me also? I am trying to put together a two 16 channel spiral tree. This is my first time using light o rama, or coding something like this at all. Help would very much be appriciated.

cisnerom@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

Sent you three plus music. If you would like to see it on the visualizer, I can also send the LEE file.

Dgrant,

Can you send me the files for the spiral trees and the LEE file. Had great success this year with my first show and will be adding two spiral trees next year. I like the idea of creating two trees with 32 channels each that only use 2 controllers in all. Thanks!

Email address is fourbusbees@yahoo.com

Edited by Mbusbee1

Dgrant,

Can you send me the files for the spiral trees and the LEE file. Had great success this year with my first show and will be adding two spiral trees next year. I like the idea of creating two trees with 32 channels each that only use 2 controllers in all. Thanks!

Email address is fourbusbees@yahoo.com

I don't remember which ones they were before but I emailed you one just now and the files with it, that easily shows the spiral trees.

dgrant, can I get the spiral tree sequences?  Gotta start planning for next year.  terry@blackwolftechnology.com.  thanks in advance.

Dgrant,

If your still up for sending some spiral tree sequences along with lee file I'd appreciate it as well. I did my first 16 channel spiral this year as well. Kind of a last minute thing, I just wired to same controller as mega tree for sequence flow and it look pretty good. Next year I was thinking of doing exactly as you did, two 16 channel trees and wire one opposite. It had me thinking though, did you mean you connect say channel 1 from primary tree to channel 16 of secondary tree etc. etc.? Wouldn't the flow of the trees be the same just starting one at top and one at bottom? Hmm, now that I think of it, it probably would look awesome!

If willing, please email to gmacw@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Actually what I did lets say, channels 1-16, spiraled on tree 1, say, clockwise, which connect to tree 2 on strings 17-32 counterclockwise and so on.

The one I'm send you all is a very simple "Music Box Dancer" which I use two strings to start with around the tree(s) then add in another 1 or two more in the second chorus and so on. Then I think I end up running them all but at least you'll get the idea.

Actually what I did lets say, channels 1-16, spiraled on tree 1, say, clockwise, which connect to tree 2 on strings 17-32 counterclockwise and so on.

Ahh I see now.   (bright light shines on dim head!)  :unsure: 

Just run strings in opposite direction

Thanks...

Ahh I see now.   (bright light shines on dim head!)  :unsure:

Just run strings in opposite direction

Thanks...

Both trees are identical...16 one direction and 16 the other. Then I just connected them electrically backwards of each other. Here is my onedrive link to the video so you can see it working

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=80D520A3DAFBDCA!2290&authkey=!AKJ0k3Cfb4JfPGw&ithint=video%2cwmv

Edited by dgrant

Im thinking about putting a spiral on my mega with some of the clearance lights i got this year.

.....my question is how do you wrap a 30 foot tree?

Im thinking about putting a spiral on my mega with some of the clearance lights i got this year.

.....my question is how do you wrap a 30 foot tree?

lol, very carefully....lol. Seriously though, if it was that tall, I'd be renting a man-lift bucket type thing from your local tool/equipment rental place. Let me add, use two people. One in the lift to hang the string up high and another below to walk the string around the tree and tie off to the base-ring. Be sure to calculate the length of strings needed for the number of turns you wish. I have a spiral string calculator that someone in here posted, in MS Excel.

Edited by dgrant

I am going to do a spiral tree this year with 32 channels, 16 channels clockwise and 16 channels counter clockwise. I have all of my lights, Will you please send me a spiral tree sequence? Email---- cgeneralmail@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

lol, very carefully....lol. Seriously though, if it was that tall, I'd be renting a man-lift bucket type thing from your local tool/equipment rental place. Let me add, use two people. One in the lift to hang the string up high and another below to walk the string around the tree and tie off to the base-ring. Be sure to calculate the length of strings needed for the number of turns you wish. I have a spiral string calculator that someone in here posted, in MS Excel.

Would I be able to get a copy of the spiral tree calculator?

Colefitch12@gmail.com