Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a 2nd Joshua P12 Controller

godman

I have two of the Joshua1 P12 controllers, the first one is set to IP 10.10.10.10. I'm using all 12 universes and everything is working as it should so I want to add another controller for an additional 12 universes. I'm currently using E1.31 in Multicast

I have questions concerning the second controller I was hoping to get help with:

1-On the second one I would need to set a unique IP address such as 10.10.10.50 right?

2-On the Controller String config page would I still use universe 1-12 since I'm already using universe 1-12 on the
first controller?

3-In the LOR Network Preferences I also have Universe 1-12 set up

So I'm not really sure how to set up the second controller, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!-

Second one can be 10.10.10.11

Setup DMX in the LOR Network Preferences for each UNI. You have 1 to 12 already so card 2 will be 13 to 24

The setup of the cards will need to match your channel config in LOR.

Network and Uni's are not to hard to understand. Took me a long time till I got someone on the phone.

I just altered mine to Unicast to prevent the software from trying to command out on the network on different IP's till it finds the P12S/X card. If adding a seond P12S/X, I'd just change its address to something slightly different then change the network preferences in the sequencer to match the new one. No need to change universes since its on a different IP.

While both ways will work I just find it easier for me to stay multicast and keep added uni's. Vegomatic works get for me when doing it. My spread sheet likes it to.. :)

• The topic was locked