Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't edit sequences made under 3.9.0 with 3.10.6

FarrOut

Title of thread should read, "Can't edit sequences made..."

I installed LOR on a spare laptop to be used to run the shows.  It has the later version.  Copied sequences from master machine to laptop.  Everything works fine except if I try to make a change to the sequence on the laptop, the software says it was created on an earlier version and won't let me save it.

When I try to upgrade under the help tab on the master, it says I have the latest version.

Any ideas?

Edited by LORAdmin
Didn't edit the post, but did go ahead and change the thread title.

Well, the most recent version is 3.11.2.

However, I'm using 3.10.8, and send to clients using 3.11. and higher, and they don't report any problems. Almost sounds like a Windows permissions issue.

Two errors, the first one says "The Sequence was saved using an earlier version of Light-O-Rama.  The newly saved file may use features that the earlier version of Light-O-Rama will not be able to use."

The second one says "Error saving file...do you want to try to save to another file name?

Detail: Invalid procedure call or argument"

See if you can save a sequence from the old computer to a thumb drive then access it from the new machine. Then see if you can edit it, if so then save it to your new machine in the lor sequence file. Then see if you can bring it up. You may have to get the media file. Do the same the it as you did with the sequence. This maybe a long shot.

In order of quickness (to fix) try...

1) Check the folder permissions. I've seen cases where the permissions of the folder don't allow the saving of a file.

2)  If you can, go ahead and copy/paste from the bad sequence into a new one, saving every time you copy a block of stuff (be it a group of channels, a track, whatever you want). If at some point you get the error again, close the new sequence and load up the previous save. DON'T copy that last block of stuff again, and continue until you have copied as much as you can. Save that new sequence one last time and now reboot.

3) If all that fails, uninstall, registry wipe and reinstall. PM me and I'll get you the exact registry wipe for 3.9.0

I checked the directory where the sequences are kept, it was set to read only.  Changed that.

I still can't save anything.  I even created a new sequence and it wouldn't let me save that.