Light-O-Rama Forums

Good and budget friendly transmitter

asl9622

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I was wondering what brand transmitters are being used to play music in cars. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got the CCRANE transmitter on amazon last year. Inexpensive and works great. Shortish lead to the laptop but I have them sitting on the shelf together and no problems.

Let me qualify the last post a bit: it worked great AFTER I did the recommended mod of the Pot inside. Still, for the money, it works great and reaches the street easily

I use the CZH-05B by F-S Electronics and I love it.  It transmits waaaay past your front yard though.  It transmits at least two blocks away from my house.  I've used it for a couple of years now.  Amazon has them for 55.99 plus shipping.

Edited by Linda

I use the CZH-05B by F-S Electronics and I love it. It transmits waaaay past your front yard though. It transmits at least two blocks away from my house. I've used it for a couple of years now. Amazon has them for 55.99 plus shipping.

Is that on low or high power? I'm looking at this model from EBay

Well actually I don't see a place on this to set the power but mine reaches for about two blocks before I start hearing static and I have been able to hear it at 3 or 4 blocks before.  I'm sure that depends on how much interference there is at the time though.

Edited by Linda

+1 on the CZH-05B.  Mine ran flawlessly last year, and I liked it well enough to pick up a spare after the season to have going forward.  Mine is set up on a shelf in the living room and transmits with a  range of about 100 yds on low power.The SainSonic mentioned by Mr. P is the exact same unit under a different name & model.  There are a couple of great YouTube videos to walk you through the setup on the CZH-05B - they even tell you exactly where to set the dials for max performance without distortion.  And remember, connect the antenna before plugging in the power supply - you will toast the unit if you connect the antenna while it is plugged into a/c power. 

Thank you so much SparkDr!  I watched the you tube video and found out how to set the power...lol.  Mine has been set on low power.  I just set it on high and am going to test it out this evening, but I don't need to transmit that far so I'm sure I'll set it back to low and keep it there. 

Consider the favor already returned, Linda.  I just visited your website and fell in love with your Christmas Enthusiast's Prayer, so I went ahead and "borrowed" it for my own purposes.

• Like 1

Well actually I don't see a place on this to set the power but mine reaches for about two blocks before I start hearing static and I have been able to hear it at 3 or 4 blocks before.  I'm sure that depends on how much interference there is at the time though.

If you hold the power button while unplugged and plug it in while still holding the power button a H or L should display. Press the up or down arrows and change between H and L.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I must have terrible luck. I bought the CZH-05B after reading how great it is here on the forums. It wouldn't transmit 10 feet clearly. I switched it to high and it didn't transmit at all. I returned it to Amazon and got a refund. Still in need of one I ordered another (same make and model), it arrived yesterday DOA. Do I dare give it a third try? What concerns me the most is getting one that works initially and the takes a crap during the Christmas show. I'm willing to pony up a little more cash for something more reliable if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks, as always.

I have used 2 different Ramsey models over the years, and an EDM for the past 6. You can't go wrong with either of these brands.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with Mark on this. I also have had 2 Ramseys and one EDM. The Ramsey I still use as my primary is the 100B. It's a little pricey but has a mixer, AGC, LED VU meters, filtered power supply external adjustable audio levels etc. The EDM is my backup, and the one I use portably for things like rocket launches, etc.

Both have RDS, although when I talk to visitors almost none realize it's there, as they are focused on the actual display..

You will be happy with either.

• The topic was locked