Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D wiring question

oilmoney

Hi everyone, I've installed my 10w floods and they look great! The only problem is that floods are coming on when they shouldn't so it seems to me that I've got my card wired wrong. When I wired up the card I assumed that ch 1,2,3 would be right above the x1 on the board or the inputs closest to the LOR sign. CH 4,5,6 for x2 etc. The manual doesn't exactly have a wiring diagram but on pg 8 fig 1 they label it as channels 1-12 left to right. On pg 11 below figure 2 it says" Figure 2 shows the power output connections for channels 1-6. " This is next to the 4A max per channel stamp on the card. Have I wired this card completely bass ackwards? I'm guessing I can't hurt it by switching the wires around but I figured I'd ask you guys before proceeding further. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Chad

The wires of the 10 watt floods are color coded.

Looking at page 11, Figure 2. The red cord of flood #1 would go in the "R 1" slot. The green in the "G 2" and blue in the "B 3" Flood #2 would go in the next 3 slots marked RGB. Note the + slot is for the black wire on the flood light.

Also make sure you have the polarity from the power supply connected to the correct locations on the CMB24D.

If you have the ability to take a picture of the wiring job, that would help a lot.

OMG, thanks Don, I feel like an idiot, not once have I ever noticed those numbers there, I always noticed the RGB but for some reason not the #'s. I got 3 cards to rewire tomorrow. Thanks again, you're always crazy fast on the responses!!!

• The topic was locked