Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR + Moter = ?

Guest guest

OK back to the motor question....

It works but it looks like its running 50% (this is a fiber optic tree base). When I plug some c9 into the same channel everything pops back to the normal %. The tree has a transformer plug. I also tried it with my halogen desk lamp (no motor), same thing happened. Also reading here about strob light and LOR, I can conclude that thansformers do not work with LOR unless a stronger load is put on the channel.

--Daniel L

Daniel wrote:

It works but it looks like its running 50% (this is a fiber optic tree base). When I plug some c9 into the same channel everything pops back to the normal %. The tree has a transformer plug. I also tried it with my halogen desk lamp (no motor), same thing happened. Also reading here about strob light and LOR, I can conclude that thansformers do not work with LOR unless a stronger load is put on the channel.

Daniel

What type of controller are you using ? Also do not let a motor run if it is not running at full speed ( ssssssssssmoke )

Dan

Daniel,

The CTB08 is really only for incandescent lights. The CTBxxD units work well with motors and transformers and LEDs. When we move to LOR II you will get a new processor chip for the CTB08. With that new chip you will see much better performance with Motors, Transformers and LEDs.