Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR + Moter = ?

Guest guest

Can LOR controll a moter? If it does not dim or shimmer just on and off will it work? I want to use a Beacon light and a fiber-optic tree base on LOR but I know their has been some talk about this. What do I need to know?

---Daniel L

I have _ZERO_ backend applications running on my site .. period.

I do run Google Ads, which pulls it's information directly from Google. They are not pop up ads, but rather the banners you see at the bottom.

I'm sorry that happened. However, there are zero back end applications running on the site. The site is a mix of HTML and PHP coding. There are no links to external advertisers, with the exception of Google. In it's current form, there are no Java scripts running. (At one time, there was an image rotation script running on the site. It's not running at this time.)

The Google Ads are served by Google, and used by many thousands of web sites (and probably millions.) These are not designed to serve pop-ups.

In short, what I'm saying is, that in no way was it a result of actions that I have taken to serve pop-up ads to people visiting my site.

itsmejrv wrote:

Don, it opened up about 20-30 blank popups that eventually took over and the only thing I could do was just restart.

Wow... That is interesting. Does it repeat when you do it?? Would be interesting to understand how "something" was causing that to happen. It isn't triggered by Don's site but it did happened so something wacked out somewhere.

If it repeats on your machine we may be able to figure out what is causing it.

As far as motors and LOR....

On the CTB16D, CTB08D, LOR1602W Model 2 and LOR800W Model 2... Most motors seem to work OK. You should connect it and check to make sure it does not have a loud hum or does not run hot.

It is best to use an alternative means of controlling the motors if you can.

LightORama wrote:

itsmejrv wrote:

Don, it opened up about 20-30 blank popups that eventually took over and the only thing I could do was just restart.

Wow... That is interesting. Does it repeat when you do it?? Would be interesting to understand how "something" was causing that to happen. It isn't triggered by Don's site but it did happened so something wacked out somewhere.

If it repeats on your machine we may be able to figure out what is causing it.
Ok here is whats going on. If someone doesn't mind please try this also and see if it does it to them also, but be forewarned it may lock you up. Hit the link and before the page loads hit the x in the top corner to close it. After it closes a new blank page opens up along with a symaltanious chain reaction of more. Now if I click the link and let it load all the way before I close it nothing like this happens. Someone else please try this so that I know I am not crazy.

itsmejrv wrote:

Ok here is whats going on. If someone doesn't mind please try this also and see if it does it to them also, but be forewarned it may lock you up. Hit the link and before the page loads hit the x in the top corner to close it. After it closes a new blank page opens up along with a symaltanious chain reaction of more. Now if I click the link and let it load all the way before I close it nothing like this happens. Someone else please try this so that I know I am not crazy.

I doubt you are going crazy! (Well then again how would I know ;) )... Anyway I tried what you said and I had no problem.

I clicked the link, a new browser window popped up, the screen was still white, I clicked the Red X (close) in the top right corner and it closed. I did this about 10 times trying to see if I could catch it at the correct time.

I have lots of popup blockers and Norton Internet Security running...

itsmejrv wrote:

After it closes a new blank page opens up along with a symaltanious chain reaction of more. Now if I click the link and let it load all the way before I close it nothing like this happens. Someone else please try this so that I know I am not crazy.

You aren't crazy, but you've been hit by something like spyware. Basically, you've got something running (could be and executable, could be a hidden activex control, or more likely is just an IE hook/plug-in) that watches when you go to web sites and does all of those pop-ups. The more sophisticated ones, will bring up web sites based on the website you just went to. Some also reset your default home page and your default search page.

I would suggest loading the free Microsoft Antispyware on your machine and see what it finds: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx.

Hi Don,

I get the following error messages at the bottom of most all the FAQ-related pages I go to on your site and sometimes on the top of the page as well...I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0

Warning: main(templates/googlead2.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/88/site70/web/templates/footer.inc on line 12

Warning: main(templates/googlead2.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/88/site70/web/templates/footer.inc on line 12

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'templates/googlead2.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.sites/88/site70/web/templates/footer.inc on line 12

I hope that helps you troubleshoot what is happening....

Randy

LightORama wrote:

itsmejrv wrote:

I doubt you are going crazy! (Well then again how would I know ;) )... Anyway I tried what you said and I had no problem.

I clicked the link, a new browser window popped up, the screen was still white, I clicked the Red X (close) in the top right corner and it closed. I did this about 10 times trying to see if I could catch it at the correct time.

I have lots of popup blockers and Norton Internet Security running...

For what it's worth, my findings are exactly the same as Dan's. (I also run pop-up blockers, and Norton's...)

Greg