Light-O-Rama Forums

Complete newbie to the world

aesl1982

You can leave the controllers on 24/7. No timer needed there.

As for the special cable .. not sure. It would have to do with the pin out, and building a custom cable (or ordering one from LOR) that would leave out the cable pair that power is carried over. 

FYI: There are instructions in the mini-director manual on how to modify it in such a manner that you would can power the mini-director via timer, and avoid the special cable deal.

Yah the mini director and fm transmitter are mounted in a seperate box that connects to the first 16 channel controller and the timer goes there set to what time u want the show to run. From what I understood. Then for the other 16 Chanel controller obviously it just be plugged in as well wondering if a timer should be put on that one as well or if the timer on the first one will trigger the other controller also through the director. What cable is it that links the first 16 channels to the second 16

Regular network (CAT5) cables are used to connect the controller to one another. 

I really, really, wouldn't worry about a timer on the second controller. Just leave it on 24/7.

Ok awesome. I did find more on the "special" cord. It's a cat5 cable with the green wire cut. Something about so the power can't link back to the director from the daisy chained controllers

I'm gonna go ahead m get rid of my ICan loghts n go led. Do yall prefer box box store or online any suggestions

I'm gonna go ahead m get rid of my ICan loghts n go led. Do yall prefer box box store or online any suggestions

I prefer online. Creative Displays has a good product. I'm starting to carry them in my store as well.

If I can't get what I need from other sources, I end up going to Creative Displays. Good company to do business with.

Thanks Don ill check them out. Also im ordering the ShowTime central starter pack today with 48 channels, and the pre programed sd card as well. does anyone know if this is all I need. do I need to purchase adapters network cables or anything else. also what about the software it says it comes with the basic, id like to upgrade that as well. should i wait till they open tomorrow and just call and place the order.

Looking at the item in their store, it appears to come with adapters and network cables. Unless you want to purchase extras, you wouldn't need to purchase them again.

If you want to upgrade your license, you can do so on the "Software" page of the store. Look for the "S3 Software Suite  Upgrade  ( have a license - want a higer level)" option.

I honestly don't know if LOR accepts orders over the phone. I'd be willing to bet that it's easier for them to accept orders via their online store. For me, at least, I prefer getting orders via my store than over the phone. Much easier to keep track of.

ehhh, sequencing is not that bad (i only have 16 channels :D ) but if you have over 32 channels it may start getting a bit more difficult so if you do get light-O-Rama (which is an amazing system) make sure to start early. As for running it off of a sd card the other replies would be more help than me because i run my show off of a computer.

called today and talked to Dan about some light o rama questions I had still. Nice guy full of info, told me to wait till tomorrow for the upgraded sd card to be released, also when this kit arrives with the 48 channels everything is ready to go out of the box. that's awesome and exacly what I wanted this year. even the controllers are already activated so no plugging them into the pc or anything. as for add ons in future years I didn't get to ask about that ill figure that out next year when its time to upgrade.  Im excited to become a light o rama user.