Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic color bulbs CB100D DMX

pmcd

I have added a set of the above lights to my show. The only problem i have as I'am a leaner i used a pre bought sequence to run my show last year and it was fantastic. When i try with the cosmic plugged in only the first 5 lights work on each string. Now they tell me each light takes 3 channels x 5 lights is 15 channels and i have a CTB16PCg3 controller with 16 channels so thats why i only get 5 lights working but in there system set up it shows what i have set up, So do i understand that i need a sequence to run this and light o Rama does not have one which i find unusual as this is there lights or am i misunderstanding.

If your sequence doesn't consist of 300 total channels or 100 RGB channels, there's your problem. If you're using the exact same sequence as a CTB16PCg3, yep, you'll only have 5 pixels light.

You'll need to add the CCBs to your sequence and do effects in those channels. Watch this video on how to add them:

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron I did that to day as you told me now i came with hardware issues so i have raised a ticket with Light o Rama number 209118 it says the below as this could be a problem too as i am going to buy another controller for a second network as i need too to try and make a loop but this is what i have sent off :

My book says CTB16PCg3 V3.01 dated october 14 2001 do i need to upgrade this version and is this the correct one to download

Residential 16 channel V2 Boards. if your board already has firmware version 4.40 or higher then it cannot use version 4.30 or lower CTB16PC-V2 4.40.firmware Download

If not could you tell me which one?
​Question 2 I have only basic use and in the editor it say i can only see demo mode, and when i try to upgrade it checks my registration and confirms says a box will open but nothing happens?

Since I'm no longer using the AC controllers, It's been over a year since I did any of that stuff. You'll either need to get in touch with LOR of maybe someone will chime in who uses them. I do remember it's quite simple to update the firmware. If I read your reply correctly, you have Firmware 3.01 unless it's been updated. You'll need to go into the hardware utility and pull up your controller and see which version of firmware you have. Depending on how old your controller is, I could just about guess it's an older firmware. I bought Version 3 boards in 2011 when I started. They had just been released or were already released. 

If memory serves, download the firmware, put the download in the folder the manual tells you to, get into the hardware utility, load your controller and select, update firmware. it's on the pop-up window somewhere. You should see the new FW in that dropdown. select it and click ok. That's a quick and dirty. the manual tells the exact procedure. Make sure you follow it as my memory is not what it used to be.

Your second question is for someone at LOR. Sorry, I can't help you there.

​Question 2 I have only basic use and in the editor it say i can only see demo mode, and when i try to upgrade it checks my registration and confirms says a box will open but nothing happens?

Do you have a pop up blocker on your web browser? If so, turn it off and try again.

Steve

• The topic was locked