Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel sticking on and Staying on

molson4725

Hi. I have read several posts about LOR controller channels sticking in  the on position. I have also heard a lot of comments about triacs going bad? Im not sure what a triac is as I am fairly new to this. Forgive me if this is a common thing but here is my problem.. I have two CTB16PC's. One is a G3 ver 1.06 the other is a G3 ver 1.04. I am having an issue with the G3 ver 1.04. The channel 14 is staying on when the show has finished and stopped. It stays on if I unhook the controller from the pc. It doesn't seem to follow teihe commands being sent to it by the sequence, I'm guessing because it should be off and it is on. I switched the controllers, since I need 16 channels on the first controller and only the first eight on the second. SInce I am not using channel 14 on the second, the show is playing fine. Is this a bad triac? Can these be changed by me? Any help in this would be appreciated..thanks!

My first guess is that you have a bad triac, but the thing to do is to look at the manual that came with the controller and do a reset by following the instructions. If this does not solve the problem then put in a trouble ticket with LOR. The triac is something that you can replace if you have the skill.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem with my show time (1602) controller.  It's the older controller with the two dials on it.  I did a reset by turning off the power, setting the channel selector to "0", turning the power back on for a few seconds, turning the power back off, setting the channel selector back to "1" then turning the power back on.  That didn't work so I did it again and the channel is still stuck in the on position whether a sequence is running or not.  If it is a bad triac does that mean that I could start having trouble with other channels?  I have a CTB16PC controller at LOR waiting to be repaired.  I noticed one bad channel on it last year then a few days later another channel started acting up and burned out all the lights on the tree it was plugged in to. 

I have had this problem with almost one controller , per  year, since I've been doing this. This is year 4 for us, and just found one malfunctioning tonight. That's no. three for us. Really getting tired of it, seems like a weakness in a lot of their controllers.

• The topic was locked