Light-O-Rama Forums

Networking Question

nmonkman

Just want to make sure that I dont have to daisy chain in order of the controller number. I have always done this in the past just because that is the way that they fit in the cabinets.

Anyone confirm that controllers can be cat5 daisy chained in any order????

Edited by nmonkman

just make sure that none of the controllers are using the same channel. Otherwise, LOR doesn't do "IPconflict" or "controller# already used... :)

just make sure that none of the controllers are using the same channel. Otherwise, LOR doesn't do "IPconflict" or "controller# already used... :)

In theory you could use the same controller number in a network of controllers. Both controllers would respond to the same commands, since they are the same number. Granted, it would complicate troubleshooting should you have a problem with a controller, aside from that though there is no reason you couldn't run two controllers with the same number.

Don have you tried this? We arent talking RS-485 any more Toto. With TCP/IP we now have a form of handshaking. I think that there would be some confusion at the computer when it would receive two confirmations or ready to receive next packet handshakes.

But I regress if you have tried this and it worked with say an E6804 or similar device.

Don have you tried this? We arent talking RS-485 any more Toto. With TCP/IP we now have a form of handshaking. I think that there would be some confusion at the computer when it would receive two confirmations or ready to receive next packet handshakes.

But I regress if you have tried this and it worked with say an E6804 or similar device.

Sorry, Dorothy. Didn't see the topic change from rs485 to tcp/ip devices.

• The topic was locked