Light-O-Rama Forums

E.1.3.1 show scheduler problem in S3

canadianchristmas

Hi everyone, my problem is: when I play my show from the sequence editor, it will control all the E.1.3.1 lights fine and everything runs well. But when I try and enable the scheduler it gives me this error message: 

My guess is the scheduler is trying to find a LOR dongle but my show uses all E.1.3.1 I think I some how need to chage the output port for the scheduler, I've been reading this topic, http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23207-initial-setup-for-e131-if-you-do-not-have-an-lor-rs485-usb-adapter/ any ideas once again, I can control everything fine in the sequencer but not the scheduler.

Thanks!

Go into the "Network Configuration" and on the LOR tab, take out anything that's in there. If you're not using a RS485 or DMX dongle, all should read "None"

Go into the "Network Configuration" and on the LOR tab, take out anything that's in there. If you're not using a RS485 or DMX dongle, all should read "None"

that dose not work for me?!

I think I will try and follow this guide: http://forums.lighto...85-usb-adapter/

• 1 month later...

Did you ever find a solution to this, I tried last night to set a show/schedule and got the same error. Haven't tried following this guide yet: http://forums.lighto...85-usb-adapter/ but was wondering if it worked or did you do something else. I also am running everything E.1.3.1 (no USB adapter)

Thanks,

Rick

Besides the show player, do you have anything other LOR program that is trying to access the RS-485 serial adapter?  For example, do you have the hardware utility or Sequence Editor open?  You can't have multiple programs all trying to access the RS-485 adapter.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to hijack this thread, but does that mean you can't run an e682 controller and a LOR 16 channel controller, at the same time or on the same system?

Not to hijack this thread, but does that mean you can't run an e682 controller and a LOR 16 channel controller, at the same time or on the same system?

Sure you can. I run 2 1602's and an E1.31 network using an E682. The LOR controllers plug into the LOR RS485 dongle, the E682 plugs directly into the network jack on the compuer. You just have to configure it all properly. This was my first year doing a full show and it wasn't to hard to figure it all out. Read, read, read the forum.

Bets of luck!

-Paul

Sure you can. I run 2 1602's and an E1.31 network using an E682. The LOR controllers plug into the LOR RS485 dongle, the E682 plugs directly into the network jack on the compuer. You just have to configure it all properly. This was my first year doing a full show and it wasn't to hard to figure it all out. Read, read, read the forum.

Bets of luck!

-Paul

Thanks, my first year too.  I have one 1602W for my standard lights, and one e682, for about 500 RGB lights.  But the comment above made me think I had to remove all the 485 stuff to get the E1.31 stuff to run.  But perhaps that was just because it assumed dongle but no controller.  Now, I just hope I can "configure" the 1602W and e682 to run together.  I would be using S3 (Advanced License) to do the programming, although I'm going to check out the Vixen SW as well.

Edited by MikeSD

I believe the post above was telling the OP to remove the LOR configuration because he did not have any LOR controllers attached. If you have any config settings for LOR, the scheduler will attempt to open the port to the RS485, and if it doesn't find it, will throw an error. If you run ONLY E1.31, you do not want the LOR config in there...either that or connect the RS485 adapter by itself to make the software happy (that's what i do when I am testing the E1.31 standalone).

-Paul