Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with pixlite 16

jbone64

When I hook it up to a network I can't get computer to find it. I used adavtek assistant and it can't find it. Also when I plug into the network all the lights light up white and stay on and won't go off until I unplug it. I'm running and Ethernet cable to a 4 port switch then to controller. The green ligt is solid and red is blinking.

I had a similar issue, here's what I did...

I'm assuming that the default address of the pixlite is on the same network range as the PC you are using.  Pixlite comes defaulted to 192.168.0.50.  If your PC is not set up in a similar IP range, you need to do that first.  Run assistant again.

If network config is not the problem...

1.  Perform the reset to factory default procedure shown in the manual.

2.  Run assistant again and see if it detects it.

Steve

Thanks Steve it work...

Now been working for hours how to get S3 to work past universe 1. I can get the lights to control on universe 1 for first 3  and 1/2 strings but can't get anything past this to work on universe 2 and so on. Help!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Note to all owners of Pixlite 4 & 16.  There is a new version of firmware to address the issue of the device unexpectedly losing its configuration after several on/offs using certain power supplies.  Check out the support section on their website.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I followed the configuration of the pixlite 16 and tested the lights using the testing software but I cannot get LORS3 to operate them no matter what I do.  I have change the network setting, changed the configurations and nothing works.  they seem to work fine using the testing software but will not come on with LOR

I am just getting started with my PixLite 16 today and am already scratching my head.  I've got a dedicated show PC, so I'm not running through my home network.  I've watched all of their videos and still can't figure out if I can just plug in directly to the laptop and run with the default IP address or if I need to do something different.  

I plugged into my laptop directly using the default address and as long as you have the LOR software set for that address it works fine.

Rick

Anyone willing to share a few sequences to work in Lor that would run basic 16 channel setup with a pixlite 16 mega tree set up? I have everything working in nutcracker software to run the pixlite 16 mega tree. But I can not figure out the sequencing in lor to run the pixlite tree

Holidaysequences.com has sequences for purchase. You can do some simple stuff with instant sequencer in super star if you just want some lights on. Not a quick easy task to sequence 16 ribbon pixel tree.

• The topic was locked