Light-O-Rama Forums

First year duel Network. Need a little Help

Box on Rails

Here is what's up. I have everything I am Using set up and plugged in.

Network one (Main) Com port 4

CTB16-PC unit 01

CTB16-PC unit 02

CTB16-PC unit 05

CTB16-PC unit 06

Network two (AUX 1) Com Port 3

CMB24 unit 07

CCB     unit 1A/1B

CCB     unit 1C/1D

CCB     unit 2A/2B

CCB     unit 2C/1D

With the LOR Hardware program it finds all units on their assigned network and Com port and they all test good using the console testing tool. all channels work. My problem is when I load a song in the sequence editor to test run the lights only network 2 is working. the blinking light in the controllers on network 2 (all RGB) go solid and they work as intended. Network one does not work at all and the blinking lights in the 4 CTB16 units on network 1 stay blinking and these units do not communicate with the sequence editor. I have tried everything I know to get these channels to work and now I turn to you guys to start throwing out Ideas. Thanks

Also when the Hardware program is on all the blinking lights in all controllers on both networks go solid.

Go into the Network Utility and make sure the settings there are correct. You can get to it via the SE, or via a link in your start menu, etc.

Also, when opening the HWU, make sure you do NOT choose the "This is the network that will be used for shows" option. Just close that window if you see it. Saying "yes" will alter your network settings, and you'll have to redo them.

Go into the Network Utility and make sure the settings there are correct. You can get to it via the SE, or via a link in your start menu, etc.

Also, when opening the HWU, make sure you do NOT choose the "This is the network that will be used for shows" option. Just close that window if you see it. Saying "yes" will alter your network settings, and you'll have to redo them.

Did that already and Both networks are set up correctly. I can't figure out why those 4  controllers aren't working when playing a sequence but I can control all of them in the Hardware utility. I really don't think it's a network problem because there is communication there it is just limited to the Hardware utility. Thanks and Keep those possible fixes coming. I got till tomorrow night to get it fixed. 

more info: all of my sequences are set up correctly for the duel networks so it's not that either. 

Edited by Box on Rails

Any chance you have older controllers on COM 4, and are using the 500k adapter?

If so, remove the older units from COM 4, as the older models are not compatible with 500k speeds.

So I have the same adopter as the last 4 years for the same 4 controllers on comm 4. The only thing I changed was speed to 500k. I just walked out to the garage after ready your post and changed that network back to 58k and that fixed it. The adapter and controllers are over 3 years old. All the RGB controllers on com 3 the boosted adapter are new this year and they are set to 500k and work fine. Wow who would of thunk it. Thank you so much Don. you are my Hero today.  :D  :D  :D

• The topic was locked