Light-O-Rama Forums

Different RJ 45 jacks on CTB16 boards

Eric Nanista

Was doing tests today and 2 of my boards had a eithernet connector that would not work. This was the first time i was trying to daisychain them. Upon close inspection i noticed that one connector had all 8 pins raised and the other had every other pin crimped down and not making contact. I checked my other boards and both connectors had all 8 pins raised and worked fine. Just these 2 controllers had this issue. Has anyone else seen this? Was this an early version of the board? Possible fixes, pull pins up,replace connector, use y adaptor on good jack?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I saw this happpen too some of mine. First year, no issues, then last year when I got them out, I had problems. I found the same issue, pins were pushed in  and stuck. I have a small dentist pick type tool and used that to carefully pull them back up and with one exception, they worked. The one exception ended up at the end of the daisy chain. This year, I've so far only connected one for Halloween as that's all I needed. The rest will get connected shortly when I set up for Christmas. You can open a support ticket with LOR and obtain new connectors. I had to do this for one that I bought from someone else who's was also similiary damaged and I couldn't get the pin to pull up.

• The topic was locked