Light-O-Rama Forums

enttec USB open suddenly not working

marsh28

I switched computers this year and switched from Windows XP to Windows 7.  I'm also running e1.31 through two san devices e682 controlelrs.  I've got those all set up and they work fine.  however, my Enttec Open won't work.  In network preference, I've got it set to the following: Adapter-None; Protocol: Raw Dmx.  I know the Enttec Open should work WITH e1.31 so long as the dmx devices are all contected to the USB port through my laptop's USB port.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Super frustrating...

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure the LOR COntrol Panel is running, DMX does not talk without it. Also if there was a Driver that Came with your Entec Open, I know for my DMX King, it did require a drive for Windows.Also Try Switching the USB port that you are plugged into.

Hope that helps some

Edited by kiplorenzo

so you have an entec open connected to USB?

if so first I would download the da_dmx utility or entecs own utility and make sure it is working. When doing this make sure all LOR stuff is shut down because only one piece of software can talk to the DMX dongle

if that works you can try LOR. You need to have the control panel running otherwise dmx will not work

make sure your network setup is correct. Device should be entec open.

check in your control panel that the dmx listener connects and there are no error messages

make sure control lights is on in scheduler

• The topic was locked