Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and Holiday Coro controler conflict

Nonick22

The cable that came with demo kit isn't that used for settings address on the 3 channel controllers didn't think you could use that for a replacement for a dmx dongle

I think the cable may be the problem! I had a similar problem when I started using the programming dongle that came with his RGB kit. David said to use an Entecc pro instead of his cable. Holidaycoro has a Actidongle which works great!

I had similar problems when I began doing DMX.  The issue:  I was not using a proper DMX DOngle.  I use Entec Pro.  In 2012 I had over 100 of those Holiday Coro 3 Channel Controllers on one universe.

I have a LOR/DMX cable a friend will let me borrow tonight.  I will try that.   I also plan to order the actidongle from Holiday Coro on Friday.   I will update this topic when i know more.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i got the actidongle from Holiday coro last night.   i connected it and all my issues went away.   To the resolution here is even tho the programming cable seems to work to run your show it has very limited abilities for controlling multible devices at once.   Its very important that you get the correct dongles.   I thank everyone that offered me help.