Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB LED RIBBON

spookybenz1

Is there any other LED ribbon out there that will work with the LOR controllers?  If there is do you still need the RGB controller from LOR?  9 year old is insisting that we do a 12 strand LED ribbon show to Frozens "Let It Go".

Just trying to keep cost down for this new endeavor.

Thanks,

Not new to LOR. I only do 48 channels but it comes out nice. I was just looking to add something new this year and a LED ribbon show would be great.

One thing to keep in mind.

The LOR RGB Ribbon can only display one color at a time. If you have chosen red, then the entire strip will be red.

The Cosmic Color Ribbon (CCR) can have any color combination you want. 2 colors, 5 colors, 50 colors. They can all be on the ribbon at the same time.

I'm doing a 12 string pixel tree this year, especially with that particular song. Pixels are intelligent nodes like the CCR's are but use DMX or E1.31 and different controllers such as the SanDevices 6804 or Joshua ECG-P12S cards, plus a power supply to run it. Its a bit involved to get into this, this late in the year but it can be done. You have to order the pixels, controller, power supply, outdoor cabinet or similar, get it configured and do the sequencing or buy sequencing. Its a lot of work this late but the kids will love it.

• The topic was locked