Light-O-Rama Forums

Got my CCRs. Now?

Mwhite7097

Just recently purchased 12 CCRs and controllers to add to my show.  I am currently running 144 regular LOR controller channels with S2.  I need to get my ducks in a row to add CCRs this year.  Am I missing any steps?  Thanks

1.  Upgrade license to S3

2.  Purchase Superstar   (I have been checking Nutcracker but prefer the blend of Superstar with    CCRs for now)

3.  Add new universe for CCRs 

4.  Set new controller IDs

5.  Build frame for CCR tree

6.  Spend following 2 months locked in a room programming.

7.  Import CCR commands into LOR S3.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

If you purchased CCRs then you do not need to add a universe. CCRs will be part of the LOR network. You just set the LOR ID and treat it like any other controller....but with 150 channels each ribbon.

There are no commands to import into s3. When you add the CCRs in s3 just let the program add all the macro channels for you.

When you program in superstar you will then export to sequence editor. The channels will match if you kept the macros. Superstar lets you control each pixel. Nutcracker adds effects that are premade. It might be more helpful to your 12 CCR tree than to my pixels in a real life tree. But I like superstar better.

Learn s3 visualizer. It is needed for superstar unless you plan to use the standard ribbon layouts. Visualizer is much nicer IMHO.

Good luck,

Sax

If you purchased CCRs then you do not need to add a universe. CCRs will be part of the LOR network. You just set the LOR ID and treat it like any other controller....but with 150 channels each ribbon.

Well sort of............you might need to add LOR networks depending on your USB adapter(s) speed.

Steve

Cutting it a little close this year, especially if you still have to build your frame. You may want to look into purchasing some 12 CCR pre-made sequences.

Edited by robigd

I like #6.

I'm way behind on programming too. Getting a bunch of overtime on next paycheck so buying a few of Brian's sequences. Then I only need to add the rest of my stuff around Brian's sequencing.

Thanks all.  Time to get cracking.  I did get another USB 485 to add to the computer due to speed issues.  That was part of my confusion because I called it a new universe where it is a just new network.  Building the frame shouldn't be a problem.  I have lots of down time at work to build and sequence.  Sometimes I just need someone to point out software tips so I can wrap my head around things.  I have checked out almost every video out there this year in prep for adding CCRs but actually doing it gets me apprehensive.  Thank you again.

Here's another suggestion for HolidaySequences.com. I just received a custom sequence and I'm truly wowed! Can't wait to get it up in lights and the video up.

• The topic was locked