Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting CTB16PC from 30A to 15A

eurbani

You know, the easiest (and fastest/most reversible way) would be to buy a triple tap.  Sure, you still have that extra cord hanging out, but you won't have to do any crimping/wiring, and a quick unplug and it's back to 30A.

I will have 37 controllers in the show this year.  I have bunches of triple taps and power strips, but since I will be 90% LED, I just don't see the need for any 30 Amp controllers.

Mike,

I use those triple taps on all my controllers anyways. Saves on outlet strips when you have 6 controllers to plug in.

Maybe the OP will give us a clue as to why he's trying to reverse amps/power because I'm sure not seeing it.

I run my display off 6 outlets.  37 - 30 AMP controllers would need 74 outlets (best case, I would need about 34 triple taps).

I run my display off 6 outlets.  37 - 30 AMP controllers would need 74 outlets (best case, I would need about 34 triple taps).

I too run LEDs, 99%.

I run my entire display off two outlets on one circuit. Since I run LEDs, I know I won't need 30 amps per controller but for myself, I just plug them in and run them on triple taps.

So you are just wanting to run one cord for all channels on each controller? If that's the case, I didn't know. So I see your reason.

For my self, I keep both of mine because I am now running LEDs floods which require a little more power on some controllers but not all. If anything, I can swap out any controller (because of failure) with the LEDs needing more power and not worry about which controller I choose to replace with. IMHO it's better to have an over powered (factory made) controller to swap with instead of limiting that controller to just that set-up. But that is just me.

Tom

• Like 1