Light-O-Rama Forums

Taking a dive into the DMX world

caniac

Caniac The IDMX1000 and the 27 channel controller are not the same The IDMX 1000 converts the lor signal to Dmx the 27 channel contollers receives the dmx signal from the IDMX 1000 or a dmx dongle if your spotlights have a start channel assigned to them you connect them to the IDMX1000 with out any controller

Good evening all.

I use IDMX1000 for driving my 27 channel Ray wu controllers and my dmx spotlights without problems, other than the limit of 128 smart channels, which is regrettable. I have more than 127 channels, so an other solution is in place, for example a second IDMX1000.

Why IDMX1000,  because I use the g3mp3 to make the shows run, with 3 switches for interaction.

An updated version of IDMX would be nice, because enough horsepower is no issue these days with lots of different programmable chips present, which should be able to make 512 smart channels possible. LOR should take that in consideration, is my opinion. ( Dev Mike might have comment on this  perhaps )

The only thing I added in between is 1x to 6x isolated dmx splitter to avoid possible power related problems between devices on different outlets or other issues with voltage differences between the devices. Just for safety of all devices in all the DMX chains.

For the rest DMX is straight forward and with S3 and IDMX1000  I see no difference between ( rgb ) channels on 16 channel DC controller or IDMX1000.

Keep in mind that normally in one DMX chain  32 devices connected to each other are the limit  ( is not the same as 32 channels, as each devices could have more than 1 adress/channel  in it, e.g 27 Ray Wu has 27 adresses/channels in it )

My splitter creates 6 chains, where each chain can have 32 devices again. ( enough for me I think )  If not enough, us 8x splitter, or even one with higher count.

Have a nice evening all

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

Good evening all.

I use IDMX1000 for driving my 27 channel Ray wu controllers and my dmx spotlights without problems, other than the limit of 128 smart channels, which is regrettable. I have more than 127 channels, so an other solution is in place, for example a second IDMX1000.

Why IDMX1000,  because I use the g3mp3 to make the shows run, with 3 switches for interaction.

An updated version of IDMX would be nice, because enough horsepower is no issue these days with lots of different programmable chips present, which should be able to make 512 smart channels possible. LOR should take that in consideration, is my opinion. ( Dev Mike might have comment on this  perhaps )

The only thing I added in between is 1x to 6x isolated dmx splitter to avoid possible power related problems between devices on different outlets or other issues with voltage differences between the devices. Just for safety of all devices in all the DMX chains.

For the rest DMX is straight forward and with S3 and IDMX1000  I see no difference between ( rgb ) channels on 16 channel DC controller or IDMX1000.

Keep in mind that normally in one DMX chain  32 devices connected to each other are the limit  ( is not the same as 32 channels, as each devices could have more than 1 adress/channel  in it, e.g 27 Ray Wu has 27 adresses/channels in it )

My splitter creates 6 chains, where each chain can have 32 devices again. ( enough for me I think )  If not enough, us 8x splitter, or even one with higher count.

Have a nice evening all

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

what is confusing me is when I put it in SE it shows up like any other 16 channel controller and I don't see the color options like others show (color fades, etc).

what is confusing me is when I put it in SE it shows up like any other 16 channel controller and I don't see the color options like others show (color fades, etc).

caniac

I think you just need to convert your channels to RGB.  Right click on the channel name and you will see the option.

Steve

Need help ASAP Lol.. I Finely finished lighting up my 3 skeletons from holodaycoro. Not knowing better since this is my 2nd year,I used Walmart led lights. The problem now, I just found out I can't run these lights to a 27 channel dmx controller as planned.. anything I can do do fix this problem? Already purchased 3k plus leds so you can imagine What I'm going tru. Thanks in advance

I'm running one lor 16 channel. But I purchased 3 27 channel DMC to run all my lights. I had already spent alot so wanted to gonna lease expensive way

• The topic was locked