Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Question

pigcorn

I have a LOR 16 and a CMB24D.

The LOR 16 will only be using 3 channels of light stings (the strings are made up of 2-3 strings plugged into each other to make 1 string) each of them on an outdoor "live" tree so the other 13 channels will not be used. (don't need individual control of each string, just each group of strings)

the CMD24D will have all 8 channels (24) RGB and made up of mostly LOR Floods (and 2 CCRs)

Does it matter if I have the LOR as unit 1 and CMB as unit 2? I think of my CMB as my primary as it has most of my lights vs the LOR. Looks like however that I need to modify most sequences for sale.

As long as you have the controllers properly configured it doesn't matter. There is really no primary / secondary data is sent out via controller number.

I have a LOR 16 and a CMB24D.

<snip> 

the CMD24D will have all 8 channels (24) RGB and made up of mostly LOR Floods (and 2 CCRs)

<snip>

I'm concerned about the way you wrote this. I read that to mean that you are expecting the 2 CCRs to be driven by the CMD24D. That is not the way it works. The LOR RGB Floods are dumb devices and are driven by a DC controller (which is what the CMD24D is). However the CCRs are smart devices and have their own controllers.

Got it, so if I buy sequences that are optimized for 16 channels does it look at the lor16 first then the cmb?

It doesn't 'look' for anything first. It simply sends out the commands that you have programmed.

Thus if you use sequences from other places, you will want to make sure that the UnitID in the Sequence Editor matches that of your (pigcorn) hardware. If you have the CTB16PC-RTG set as UnitID 2, then you will need to make sure UnitID 2 is in use in the SE, or else nothing will happen.

Got it, so if I buy sequences that are optimized for 16 channels does it look at the lor16 first then the cmb?

Because your setup is not standard, your best option is to copy and paste from the purchased sequences, into the channels that are most similar.

• The topic was locked