Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobe Lights

Archer

....I only had 5 strobes in each of 2 trees last year. Ran them straight down the middle trunk. Looked ok, but not great. Ordered 50 more during the pre-sales this year - really gonna pop my yard. But I'm still just using 5 on those trees....

Was looking at some videos to show you the example and noticed I lied earlier. I had (10) strobes on each tree. The (2) trees in the courtyard area. I had (5) lights on the brain as I'm putting (5) each 1ft apart on my 7ft downspouts this year.. So sorry for the confusion. And as before, xenon strobes probably pop better in videos and maybe a little better in person, but I still thought my LED strobes did real good in person and ok in videos. Here's a little video showing mine:

https://youtu.be/IxWrod7nXo4

As for yours, I think your plan to use 1 string on tree and 3 on the house will look great. I think you just tie them into the circuit you are already using with the popping floods on your porch. Then everything pops at same time. (( edit - that is if that circuit doesn't fade ect. Strobes need to be full on.. ))That's what I'm looking for by adding to all my downspouts.

Good luck.

Edited by Mega Arch
  • Like 1

I'm going to be rocking 500 xenon u-tubes all over my yard this year. It will eat up channels but I will be splitting them up to keep the amperage per channel low....

• Like 1

Was looking at some videos to show you the example and noticed I lied earlier. I had (10) strobes on each tree. The (2) trees in the courtyard area. I had (5) lights on the brain as I'm putting (5) each 1ft apart on my 7ft downspouts this year.. So sorry for the confusion. And as before, xenon strobes probably pop better in videos and maybe a little better in person, but I still thought my LED strobes did real good in person and ok in videos. Here's a little video showing mine:

https://youtu.be/IxWrod7nXo4

As for yours, I think your plan to use 1 string on tree and 3 on the house will look great. I think you just tie them into the circuit you are already using with the popping floods on your porch. Then everything pops at same time. (( edit - that is if that circuit doesn't fade ect. Strobes need to be full on.. ))That's what I'm looking for by adding to all my downspouts.

Good luck.

Ok, good point of reference. I'm planning on swapping in a mega tree made of "dumb-pixel" strands this year and a controller. That should free up 8 channels to spread the strobes and maybe a few more effects around the yard.