Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobe Lights

Archer

Mine have not arrived yet to compare, but mine were part of the pre-sale from Christmas-leds.com.  not impressed with the LED ones I got on another pre-sale, but christmas-leds,com has my spt2 wire that my c9 sockets go to to finish the testing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.christmaslightshow.com/mini-strobe-light.html. I use these. I have around 40, only 3 have failed in four years. All types of weather

Stupid noob question here. It looks like at a minimum, you would have to purchase each bulb separately, and then the appropriate number of 5-socket C9 strings to match? Is there any retailer that sells these fully assembled, just ready to be popped onto a LOR controller? 

That's what most people are doing. I just cut off the sockets that I'm not using ie. on my roof but some of my strings still have all their sockets & are just left open depending on where they are placed.

• 9 months later...

I see a set here: http://www.wowlights.com/ProductDetail.asp?Category=14&Product=267

But is $700 for 100 bulbs the best deal you can get (without assembly)?

Is 100 strobe bulbs too much for a smaller house anyway? How many are in the average Mega Tree?

Depending on how big your Mega Tree is and your taste and *****

I only had 5 strobes in each of 2 trees last year. Ran them straight down the middle trunk. Looked ok, but not great. Ordered 50 more during the pre-sales this year - really gonna pop my yard. But I'm still just using 5 on those trees. Adding the others at a rate of 5 each gutter downspout along the front of my house. Spread the pop out sorts. I say all this to say - spread your pop out too. Buying the 100 roll might be ok, but if you want to spread out you'll need to cut a use some vampire plugs. I bought 25 count sets of C9 incandescents for $1 each after Christmas last year. I cut where I need, add a vampire plug here & there. Really cheap way out. And the incandescents save me from having to spend a lot of money on fireworks for the 4th. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And the debate continues - George and others say I waste time and money buying/using LED strobes. Buy xenon if you want to make the forum happy. But it's kinda like the "how many" question - each to their own....

Thanks for the help to date.

For the record, the Wow Lights 100-light set is actual 4 x 25-light sets, but good to know you can get by with a fewer/smaller light strands. I guess each bulb goes a long way. 

So any strand of C9-lights, with the individual bulbs popped in will get the job done? Does it matter if the used C9 strings are incandescent or LED? Is there some rating you need to pay attention to, and/or do they just plug into a 16-channel LOR controller like anything else?

This was my display from last year. I was thinking one 25-strand in the megatree (might swap it out with dumb RGB lights this year), and spreading the other 3 along the roof. 

Edited by Rapajez