Light-O-Rama Forums

X10 not working

richarsenault

It seems that I can't get LOR II to turn on X10 channels in a show. It works fine in the hardware utility.

I configured a "background" sequence to be 1 minute and turn on A-8. I have a audio sequence that doesn't have anything in it.

When I start the show, the show starts to play but X10 doesn't start. I Disable show and go into the hardware util and can turn channels on an off.

This worked in LOR 1.6.

Any ideas?

Rich

Sadly, I can confirm.

This one's gonna cost me LOR II for this season. I'm in the process of downgrading... At least you found it before I did the sequencing over Thanksgiving I had planned to do in LOR II...

-Tim

Thanks for posting this, guys. I was about to click "Buy" on a couple of x10 11a's.

Anyone have an eight channel board they don't need? :)

Cheers

This is disappointing. I've been making some real progress the past few days, but didn't bother to test the X10. I just added 32 channels to last years setup, and LOR II has made the transition much easier. But it looks like it's back to 1.6 for me as well. It would be great if a quick patch was released.

Mark

Rich, Thanks for the heads up!!! it look like I going back to LOR 1.6 on my laptop, my show is at LOR 1.6 and going to update on T-day, O well we will hold off on the update :D

Nice Catch..... I guess I'll be stepping back to 1.6. Maybe when they work on the X10 fix they could add the USB support for it as well so we can use the new X10 controllers..:D

kevin wrote:

Nice Catch..... I guess I'll be stepping back to 1.6. Maybe when they work on the X10 fix they could add the USB support for it as well so we can use the new X10 controllers..:D

Just want it to work like 1.6.... We'll take USB support next year...

Rich

Thats my thoughts too, sorry if it sounded like I wanted USB included in a patch. If a patch was to be released to fix the comm issue in the next week or so.

Although It would be nice to know if I should scrap my Version 2 work now and go back and modify my 1.6.x sequences. Or continue working in V2, knowing the X10 problem would be solved.

I'm all for the USB support. You know how hard it is to get a USB Serial adapter to work with the CM11a.... I'm just trying not to no freak out here about use 2.0 for the holiday season.

I guess I'm somewhat lucky that I have 8 more days until the lights come one.. Somewhat....

Rich

This is not quite a showstopper for me but it sure is a disappointment. I use X10 only to turn static elements on and off at the start of the show and to turn on my security lights after the show.

I can probably work around this with some other software to control the X10 circuits since they are so few and so rarely changed.

Of course that means less time spent sequencing...

Frank

I'm not sure. But the fact that it works in the HWU but not with shows seems to indicate it's probably not a driver issue...

I've already uninstalled LOR II on the only machine I can test X-10 with LOR on (since it requires 2 serial ports, and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the HWU that you don't have an actual LOR network installed so I can use a single-com-port machine with X-10 just for a test). I don't really want to reinstall it again until we hear from someone at LOR that this is probably a user/driver/whatever issue and that it should be working...

-Tim

Ouch! This is a problem for me too. I will do some checking tonight and report back. I was going to have a CM11A turn on my projector and some other circuits.

Worst comes to worst I will use a secondary X10 utility to turn those circuits on and off, since I just want them to come on before the show and turn off after....not really in the show.

However, it would REALLY be nice to get a PATCH for this issue before lights on Dec 1.

Wow, that was quick. Thanks!

If a fix comes out soon, I might just use LOR II after all, even though this one rattled my nerves a little bit...

-Tim

Jeff Millard wrote:

I have committed to using the Gamma and had tested and retested the X-10 stuff during the beta. It was working pre-Gamma release, and I wouldn't have known it until showtime failure...

I'm glad you said that. I had these bad thoughts like "gee, if X-10 never got tested, I wonder what else is lurking in there untested..." But the fact that it was working before makes me feel much better -- as a developer myself I'm quite aware of how last-minute changes can have unexpected results. And the fact that a fix came in less than 24 hours makes me feel a lot more confident about jumping into this...

-Tim