Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1602W setting DMX Address

fairfieldjeff

I have an entec pro dongle that I run all of our lighting at the church with.  I'm trying to set up a 16 channel dimmer to run the LOR1602w tha i just purchased from a friend.

The starting DMX address is channel 87.  If I'm reading things correctly, the unit id switches should be set to hex 57.  Is that correct?

If it is, then I've got something else happening because I am getting no signal on channel 87 or any of the next 16 that are on the LOR1602w.

HELP please!

THANKS!

Check out this DOC    http://www1.lightorama.com/Documents/DMX-DOC.pdf

Basically you set the LOR controller to an ID and it has a range of 16 addresses.

You cannot set an arbritrary start address

For example setting  ID 06  on a controller has a start address of  81 in DMX

Tim

UID 06 will always be DMX CH 81-96.

My UID's 11-A1 are ccd's and I have 16ch boxes above that. How is that mapped? UID 21's (16ch) dmx address?

Edited by colonel

Colonel,

UID 11  would have a start address of  257   so i'm assuming with a CCD, it would use 157 addresses    so DMX channels  257  to  414

The next usable UID would then be   1B    which starts at DMX channel 417and goes to 574   but that  runs past the DMX limit of 512.

DMX has limitations that LOR protocol does not have.

If you want to use CCD's in a DMX configuration, you will need to use lower UIDs for the controllers.

you can only fit 3 CCD's in a DMX universe because it is limited to  512 addresses.

Again, all of the DMX info is in the Users manuals.

I started using DMX this year for Pixels, but will run all of my LOR controllers in native LOR protocol because it just works for me.

Tim

I started using DMX this year for Pixels, but will run all of my LOR controllers in native LOR protocol because it just works for me.

That would be my choice too and I eagerly await a new version that can handle the large lms files. Thanks for the info.

If your pixels are CCD's, why would you use DMX?

Because I'm not using CCD's :)

The LOR solution was too costly for me so I went with Sandevices 6804 and pixabulbs, as well as some Komby RF1's and some Holiday coro dumb RGB.

Tim

• Like 1

• The topic was locked