Light-O-Rama Forums

1.6.7 Install Problem

levelbest

I get almost all the way thru the setup - upgrading from 1.6.3 to the latest version when I get...

Visual Basic 6.0 Setup Toolkit: Setup1.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

Thoughts? You can click OK, and then Ignore to finish - but does that mess up the install?

I am not sure why that error happens. I would wait for the 1.6.9 installer that wll be released within 24 hours. The 1.6.7 installer had some unnecessary system files included (which really doesn't harm anything) but that prompted us to do research into why they were listed as dependencies when they should not have been to make sure there wasn't a serious problem (which there was not).

We have a new installer ready but now we have to run through a number of tests again before we release it.

Dan

Not to get off the topic of this thread...but in regards to this update, if I'm not experiencing any issues at the current time - Do I need to download this upgrade?

razorchristmas wrote:

Like people always say if it aint broke, Dont Fix It.

I'd agree with that as long as it's just bug fixes... any time an update is introduced, check out what changes were made and see if any apply to you.