Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB 16 PC question...Help show in 3 days...channel probs

SnowLoverGeorgia

I have 3 boxes/48 channels. Box 3 has issues with chanel 6 and 7 coming on together when they are seperate. Everytime 6 is activated....7 comes on and vice versa.

I checked the cords and they are run right.....What gives? Why is this happening?

If you connect, say a desk lamp or a light rope, something that is not mounted, basicly something that has its own power cord and lights up, one in channel 6 and one in 7, do you get the same symptoms?

If you swap the lights that are currently in 6 and 7 with say channels 1 and 2 does the problem follow the lights or stay with the channels.

If you control the channels on the suspect controller with the hardware utility do they function the same way?

If they work correctly in the hardware utility, then I would suggest that you verify that your do not have 2 rows messed up in the sequences.

Hope this is some help

Chuck

Like Chuck said... using the hardware utility, select the controller with the problem from the drop down box and try the Chase Sequence. This should show you if the controller is working properly.

Hope you get it fixed!

SnowLoverGeorgia wrote:

I have 3 boxes/48 channels. Box 3 has issues with chanel 6 and 7 coming on together when they are seperate. Everytime 6 is activated....7 comes on and vice versa.

I checked the cords and they are run right.....What gives? Why is this happening?

Hi,

Please send an email to support@lightorama.com and make sure that you include the last 4 digits of your order number or zip code and last name on the order. Mention that you have two channels coming on at the same time.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I believe and will check when season is over, that there is a solder bridge on the back of the board. But will know more when season is over. As SnowLoverGeorgia will not allow her husband to trash the display to pull the box out and look at it.

kmcallorum wrote:

I believe and will check when season is over, that there is a solder bridge on the back of the board. But will know more when season is over. As SnowLoverGeorgia will not allow her husband to trash the display to pull the box out and look at it.

Whipped? :P

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy Christmas from the Great White North!!

Daryl B.

edited bekauze sumtimes i kant spel