Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3/g3 not outputting.. need help Quickly please!

plasmadrive

I have a new MP3/g3 Director. Saved a few shows on it and it appears as though it is running thru them.. but when I connect up an iDMX unit to it and a DMX reader to that, I see no output..

Any ideas? 

Update... I had to plug the iDMX unit in prior to the SD card in order for it to work.  Now my only issue it that I have an offset of 1 channel at channel 400.  I am actually using that as just an ON/OFF bit for feedback to my processor to tell me what Show I am in.  Any idea why it would be off by one channel?  channel 400 has 100% in the program but it shows up on 401

Is this problem with the iDMX? I remember during the beta testing of S3 that the channels were off by 1 (channel 1 started at 2) with different DMX dongles, but I don't recall any problems with a channel in the 400 range. Of course that was 2 or 3? years ago.

Is this problem with the iDMX? I remember during the beta testing of S3 that the channels were off by 1 (channel 1 started at 2) with different DMX dongles, but I don't recall any problems with a channel in the 400 range. Of course that was 2 or 3? years ago.

Yes the problem appears to be with the iDMX... but I am heading up to Canada now to put it in with the gear I will be using it on normally..  We shall see how it goes.. I sure hope is all works correctly..

When I ran eLORs from the Director they ran fine without the offset.  I think the issue was the fact that I was asking the iDMX units to run 432 channels and that makes them go crazy.. so I think the offset channel was more of a random thing. 

It all worked out with the real equipment and the Director.

• The topic was locked