Light-O-Rama Forums

Need some help

plasmadrive

I need to do gradations of color vertically on the time line and not horizontally.

Is there a way to do this without doing it frame by frame by hand? 

HELP!

I have SS but don't know how to use it yet and I need to finish this stuff up quickly.. as in by tomorrow..

Any suggestions?   Oh did I already say  HELP!!! 

Thanks in advance

If I am understanding what you want to do, you have an element or series of elements stacked that you want to go from one color to the next vertically.  Like a light bouncing up and down. 

If so, this sounds like a morph in SS.

Setup your elements in visualizer.  Save the visualizer file for import into superstart.  Import the file selecting the layout as vertical.  The elements should show up as a vertical line and there should be a picture of the elements below the grid image.  Select the morph tool.  Put point A on the bottom of the element and point B on the top.  (Or Vice Versa).  You can also do this in the grid that should show up as well.  I personally like to put this on my elements instead of the grid....your choice.  Choose your colors to morph from and too.  Viola, done.  Export to SE and verify it works.

By the way this can be DMX, CCR, Dumb lights whatever.  The method will be the same.  If the item is not RGB then you must select the proper color for the morph to work...you cant do a blue morph when the element only has say red color.  White will always work....but you will have to go from diferent shades of white.

So at a single point in time you want to have a color gradient across channels?

yes, exactly! 

If I am understanding what you want to do, you have an element or series of elements stacked that you want to go from one color to the next vertically.  Like a light bouncing up and down. 

If so, this sounds like a morph in SS.

Setup your elements in visualizer.  Save the visualizer file for import into superstart.  Import the file selecting the layout as vertical.  The elements should show up as a vertical line and there should be a picture of the elements below the grid image.  Select the morph tool.  Put point A on the bottom of the element and point B on the top.  (Or Vice Versa).  You can also do this in the grid that should show up as well.  I personally like to put this on my elements instead of the grid....your choice.  Choose your colors to morph from and too.  Viola, done.  Export to SE and verify it works.

By the way this can be DMX, CCR, Dumb lights whatever.  The method will be the same.  If the item is not RGB then you must select the proper color for the morph to work...you cant do a blue morph when the element only has say red color.  White will always work....but you will have to go from diferent shades of white.

I don't know how to use SS and there is no time to learn but thanks anyway